Thread: Waterproof video cameras

Default Waterproof video cameras

what do you guys use? pros and cons... ive been looking at the kodak zx3 after seeing it for only $120 at sams today... also looked at one from sanyo on newegg... anyone have something to say bout anything in the >$500 range?

I recently purchased a FLIP HD version with its additional accessory waterproof case as a web special set from DELL for $199.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

For >$500, are you looking at a camera/housing/lights combo? What do you need your camera setup to do?
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

I'm not really into video, but I bought a Panasonic TS-1 still camera that has good video capabilities. Besides that, it is one of the better waterproof still cameras, which is what I bought it for. Last I looked the TS-1 was replaced by the slightly upgraded TS-2.

I have an Olympus 1030SW, love it. It's a digital camera that can take underwater video, I'm looking to upgrade to an Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 that has HD video capture. Kinda spendy, but well worth it due to the toughness!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I have the Olympus Stylus Tough and think it's a great outdoor camera that can also take video. It's HD, crush proof, freeze proof, and water proof.

The only caution I can think of is most of it's zoom is electronic, not optical. Which means its great for taking pictures and video close to you. But not so hot for filming the bear that is 1/2 mile away.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    what do you guys use? pros and cons... ive been looking at the kodak zx3 after seeing it for only $120 at sams today... also looked at one from sanyo on newegg... anyone have something to say bout anything in the >$500 range?
    we picked up the santo X acti. for aobut 250... HD water proof and camera. 9 mega pix... the only issue i have with it is the zoom its clears it is too hard to steady at full zoom needs a stick

http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/produ...100/index.html

credit goes to Alaska_Lanche for posting his info on it... for my purchase though some where in the begining of Kingfisherman going float hunting.

this is the first hunting season in 5 years i did not break a camera... though i did soak one 4th of july and ruined it..

so far this one has been on 8 hunts this year.and doing well...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here