Thread: BOG meeting october 8-12

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default BOG meeting october 8-12

October, 2010 Board of Game Meeting Update
    The Board of Game is scheduled to meet October 8-12, 2010 in Anchorage at the Coast International Inn

who else is planning on attendance? hope to see you there. I will be staying at the sockeye Inn on C and Fireweed. 69.00 a night or 250.00 a week. clean rooms and nice folks there. Alaska Chuck built it if your looking for a place to stay. bathrooms are public but kept meticulously clean.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'll try to be there.

Brian, There is no try about it. Just Call in sick!!!! Thewhop... see you there!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Just Call in sick!!!!
    Ha! Yeah...and then find my face in the paper or on the evening news, followed by the loss of my job. I'll make every effort to be there, but it won't be during work hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I will be staying at the sockeye Inn on C and Fireweed. 69.00 a night or 250.00 a week. clean rooms and nice folks there.
    That entire section of road/intersection is under HEAVY construction right now, round the clock. I wonder if they will have it finished up by then? Might want to call the city public works and find out their plan for that area, for the dates you have on your calendar.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I'll be there, weather permitting. Look fwd to meeting folks from the forum I haven't met before, so please say hi and introduce yourself if you see me. I'll be the guy with a Backcountry Hunters cap on with a ponytail sticking out the back.

Vince, kudos on your prop #8. Very well done. We'll see how the whole Nelchina thing goes.

The bear issues are now drawing a lot of attention, so I expect that will bring in a lot more people and make for an interesting first couple of days.

well, the bear issues certainly did create a stir... so the dept is not going to address this in anchorage, but in ketchikan.
    http://www.adn.com/2010/10/06/148914...y-in-bear.html
    gee, that makes lots of sense, it is not a SE issue at all, and ketchikan is incredibly inconvenient for most folks to testify.
    why not in anchorage at the SC meeting in march?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    well, the bear issues certainly did create a stir... so the dept is not going to address this in anchorage, but in ketchikan.
    http://www.adn.com/2010/10/06/148914...y-in-bear.html
    gee, that makes lots of sense, it is not a SE issue at all, and ketchikan is incredibly inconvenient for most folks to testify.
    why not in anchorage at the SC meeting in march?

just posted the notice in a new thread...as for a "STIR" i think that i was more that answers to some of the questions regarding the regulation were yet to be answered by the dept staff... as when they left the AC meeting last week ( those that wrote the reg) many answers were to be left up in the air to the BOG and that some wording still needed correction as in the difference on two pages that stated... center fire Fire arm and in a second page center fire Rifle for dispatching bears...indecision as to retention of incidental take of grizz... and the incidental take and dispatching of Griz by unguided non resident trappers.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here