Thread: Early Season engine break in - lots of ????

Talking Early Season engine break in - lots of ????

How early can I expect to have enough snow to break in a motor rebuild?

Where are some good spots to do it?

I don't want to go too far from the trailhead at least to start...

Is there a "best practice" way to break in an old 96 ski-doo 670 summit.....ya I know, kinda like which is better - blondes or redheads..LOL!

This is the way I always break in motors and advise my customers to do the same.

MINIMUM 3 heat cycles in the garage or shop. Warm up till the head is fairly hot to touch, shut down, cool all the way, repeat.

First ride, no extensive throttle riding in same position. Meaning, flick the throttle alot and don't go riding down a trail at half throttle for more than a minute. Nail it wide open a few times but do not hold it wide open for more than 5-10 seconds without burping the throttle.

After that ride the piss out of it. Wait until you have 2-3 rides on the motor before you start doing long hillclimbs with 30sec+ of WOT.

There are some good responses in this thread; http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ngine-break-in
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I have some issues with the motor build. The builder "thought" I have a 97 670 summit. He pulled a "98 or 99" X model (HO) and rebuilt it and sent it up to me. He put the HO stator back on it. My electrical connections are all wrong now. He is sending me up my old stator, but I am now worried that the 96 NON HO motor electrical will not work right with the HO model motor. There is also an 'extra' vacuum line on the HO compared to my old setup.

The last thing I want is to be working on this thing all the time......