Thread: should of bought that electric fence I was thinking about

Default should of bought that electric fence I was thinking about

Default at least the view was not damaged and new nail board in

Or bear boards under the window.

Sorry to see damage to anyones cabin. At least it was a 4 legged creature. You can get a tag to shoot them. 2 legged... mebbe not. I smell a new thread so this one doesn't get hijacked.
    Mike

i get really mad when i see pictures like that for i know the person has worked really hard to get the place to where it at ..if four legged creature i can understand the problems but if the 2.legged type they should be put to work to repair the damages done to the cabin and then made to work for the area repairing all the damages roads and people homes in the areas intill they get into there head that you can not become a town problem without paying for the price of beening a problem child without paying some heavy dues in that area..

BTW - Where did you get that beautiful T&G by the window?

Dirtofak

That was lowes stuff, just picked through the pile a bunch. The big surprise to me was how awesome cottonwood looks. The windows are cased in it and the ceiling is all cottonwood. Cheap and pretty.

I gotta ask..... do bears crap in the woods or did it leave you a present?

Yeah I heard the horror stories too of bears crapping all over cabins. No they cached all what little food we had in the cabin about 20 feet away in the woods. No poop in the cabin thank goodness. The only lasting damage was some claw marks on the pantry and the T&G. I guess it adds character to the place.

I think someone in the area shot momma, it looked like the work of cubs, not a big bear, not that much damage they or it chewed the trim off the door and some of the T-111 around the door. A big bear would have just busted in the door. I have also heard stories of bears chewing right through the walls or roof. That would be a major bummer. We have never had any sign of bears anywhere near the cabin so I guess we got a little lazy. I have young boys and dogs so the nail boards did not appeal to me. Since this incident I heard most people use blue board and just stick it to the board when not in use to prevent accidents.

Any opinions on electric fences, there are some pretty inexpensive ones out now.

Electric fence is the way to go. Our friends own the lot next to us. They've had bear problems all summer included a busted in front door. We haven't had any even though there is food in our cabin. We have and electric fence around our cabin, they don't.