Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time To Alaska/Caribou Hunt

Default First Time To Alaska/Caribou Hunt

Well I finally made it to Alaska. I went out of Kotzebou with Northern Air Trophy on a outfitted hunt,with two other first time Caribou hunters.It took a couple days of hunting but we did pretty good, one bull for me,two for one partner and the other partner missed a few.I am planning another hunt already,Next one will be a float I think.Alaska sure is what I dreamed of for alot of years,It was a great pleasure to walk for miles and not see candy wrapers, beer cans cig. butts ,human footprints[other than your partners],and a bunch of as% h***$ shooting and hollerin all day.Weather was great, We seen two grizzlys and something walked through camp the second night.Plenty of fresh bear tracks around camp every morning but no problems,thank God. A thumbs up to Matt Owen of Northern Air Trophy for flying the extra miles to put us where the Caribou were. And everyone else who helped with my questions..............Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Matt and Julie at NAT do a wonderful job taking care of their hunters. Sounds like y'all had a great trip!

Congrats PA for getting to live your dream and fuel more to come!
    Randy
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Jim, I know the feeling of a first caribou and the addiction is awful. Congrats on the nice double shovel.

A lever gun over open sights and a double shovel to boot , Well done ! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Alaska .

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    A lever gun over open sights and a double shovel to boot , Well done ! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Alaska .
    I second the motion above. COngrats. Can we assume that's a 45-70?
    svenska50@hotmail.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Yes, it is a 45/70 Marlin first time I shot anything other than paper with it. Its dead on at 100 yards. Thanks......... Jim

Congratulations Jim on the caribou and making your first hunt in Alaska. It really is a beautiful state and a pleasure for us from the lower 48. The variety of game is worth the trip and the shooting of game is really a plus. I can't wait to go back for another adventure. I am sure you will be back multiple times. Mark

Congrats Jim! Beautiful country, great caribou, and a dream realized...does it get any better than that?

Michael

Jim, congrats on a great successful Alaskan hunt! No doubt Alaska is unique. IT truly is one of a kind.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Michael Yes Alaska is beautiful. We were sitting at camp one night eating fresh tenderloins, watching the sun set behind the mountains....And I said " Does it get any better than this".........Jim

Hey Pa Hunter, Are you from Pennsylvania, I'm in Ohio.

nice, thanks for posting the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Hunter View Post
    Michael Yes Alaska is beautiful. We were sitting at camp one night eating fresh tenderloins, watching the sun set behind the mountains....And I said " Does it get any better than this".........Jim

no it doesn't get much better than that.....nice bull...gotta love those marlins
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

hanover pa! I'm from Willow Grove, NE of Philadelphia. Just moved here and LOVE THIS STATE! If you plan more trips you minus well just move on up!

Since I moved up from PA in 2005 I have had 4 friends move up too and many others have visited. We are from the State College area. My dad drew a Kodiak Brownie tag ... 3 weeks till we fly in, I canít wait!

Good luck on the bear hunt. How many months do you have to live in Alaska to be a resident?

YOu have to be here for 12 months. State college area? I went to school in Williamsport, PA at the Pennsylvania COllege of technology. My sis went to State College. And I have friends ( the remensnyders) in state college! small world

Penn Tech .. I have went to a party or twenty up the mountain .. ha ha

I saw some stats on deer and motor vehicle collisions and PA was rated 6th highest. I believe it was 1 in 85 residents will have a collision yearly!

Haha yeah. I got it in at Penn Tech. Drank like a fish. I have to share this with you: Urban Dictionary of Penn Tech:

A smaller school in a ****ty town(Williamsport). Good education. Until the LCB kicked in it was rated the biggest binge drinking school on the east coast. If you go to Penn Tech alcohol is the only way to cure your boredom. So they drink, and these kids can drink. No ***** Penn State drinking either. We're talking real backwoods, puke and rally type drinking here. Other than that there isn't really much to say about Penn Tech. You'd know this if you ever visited. (P.S. Watch out for those white t-shirts)
    Penn State - "We'll get kegs"
    Penn Tech - "We'll get grain"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast