Thread: Late season Lake Trout tip

Default Late season Lake Trout tip

Heading up, anyone have any late season tips. This will be the latest in the season for me. Thanks!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Heading up, anyone have any late season tips. This will be the latest in the season for me. Thanks!
    Mike
    if your going up north pack warm cloths, it is cold up at lake louise.

I was just gettin ready to post about Lake Louise conditions. Anyone been up there recently? Hows the water etc? Thinking about taking the 5th wheel and boat up for the 3 day weekend next week...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    I was just gettin ready to post about Lake Louise conditions. Anyone been up there recently? Hows the water etc? Thinking about taking the 5th wheel and boat up for the 3 day weekend next week...
    I'll let you know......

cmon Mike you already know all there is to know about that lake.....in fact you probly know more about it than anyone else on this forum.
    Id sure like to go.....we fished it last mid october with so-so results....no big fish but 5 boated in the 15-25" range. all but 1 were caught on a large greenish halographic krocodile spoon, trolling on downriggers in 15-30 fow. the other was caught on a silver kwikfish. best fishing we found was trolling between wolverine lodge and lake louise lodge near those small islands. I always wanted to try trolling near the channel and on the southeast corner......... someone i know fished it the day before us flatlining large silver and yellow kwikfish around those 15-20' foot deep flats along the north (central) shore, they caught some real lunkers. we tried it too but with zero results. Good Luck Mike.

Release Lake Trout

Shallow and rocky bottom!

Trip report..... Friday night - A person hit a moose on the uphill at Caribou Creek. They are not going to be able to polish that out. First time I have seen a moose there EVER. Launched - Going in it was dark and rough. 3 foot rollers. Saturday - Lake was very rough, well over 3 foot rollers until mid-afternoon. Then it was just rough. Fished a sheltered area. Daughter boated 1 - 10 pounder.... in 35 FOW running a lure at 3 -4 feet under. It got dark FAST! Sunday - Out at 11 - Fished a bowl over 50 FOW - Fish showed on the sonar... no hits. Moved to sharp ledge .... not hits. Moved to shallow rocky point and flats - Nada. Fished a long flat known for decent fishing.... nada. Weather was henious. Wind to 40 MPH at times. Chilly too! Most of the time, I fished the entire water column. Bottom, mid and long line upper. The fish were off their normal patterns this year..... possibly due to the low lake level early.

Saw 5 caribou on the shoreline!

Stanly - Watch the weather here - http://www.arh.noaa.gov/zonefcst.php?zone=141I don't have any pointers for you. I was the only boat fishing and did not do well. Always next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    cmon Mike you already know all there is to know about that lake.....in fact you probly know more about it than anyone else on this forum.
    Id sure like to go.....we fished it last mid october with so-so results....no big fish but 5 boated in the 15-25" range. all but 1 were caught on a large greenish halographic krocodile spoon, trolling on downriggers in 15-30 fow. the other was caught on a silver kwikfish. best fishing we found was trolling between wolverine lodge and lake louise lodge near those small islands. I always wanted to try trolling near the channel and on the southeast corner......... someone i know fished it the day before us flatlining large silver and yellow kwikfish around those 15-20' foot deep flats along the north (central) shore, they caught some real lunkers. we tried it too but with zero results. Good Luck Mike.
    Jake - Where you been man?!?!?! I hope you made some money so you can afford a snowmachine!!
    While I do alot of fishing and exploring new waters every chance I get, those fish can really beat up my ego! This year their patterns are completely different than normal. We even fished when we would normally be working on the cabin. Real "spill the coffee" water. We did find a couple lures that work well when the old tried and true ones are not producing.

Mike

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEAK49 View Post
    Shallow and rocky bottom!
    No luck in the places that we tried. Do you fish Louise area much? I think I have seen you go by before.
    Mike

just been survivin tryin to keep my place. $1950 a month for rent is hard to keep up, we dont have internet or cable anymore (dont need cable anyways) . forget the sled man, itll never happen unless im lucky enough to find good steady work. advertising now for fall cleanup but....so far very slow, really lookin to find a steady job. glad to hear your daughter got a decent fish, too bad about the weather, seems its never "just right". i myself have a love/hate relationship with that lake. I keep goin back but i dont know why haha i rarely catch anything there. ive never seen a moose at caribou creek either. very strange place to hit a moose for sure. I almost nailed a forkie on the glenn at fort rich sunday afternoon, locked em up and ended up sideways and he still missed my bumper by about a foot, just came outta nowheres from behind the ramp. his forks were so tiny it was wierd cuz his body was HUGE. I was comin back from ptarmigan hunting. did you get a moose this year Mike? I only hunted once and only saw cows and calves.

Release Lake Trout