Thread: too early to talk about fly fishing?

Default too early to talk about fly fishing?

I have been reading some of the posts (especially the halibut recipes which i cannot wait to try) but im also looking forward to some tips about fly fishing i am will be going on my second year of trout fishing and am driving myself crazy i will have a week off in mid april and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on steelhead fishing ive heard crooked creek and the anchor river? will i have any luck as a newbee or should i wait until summer? for any response i would be grateful

Better check those regulations.

Both the Anchor and Crooked Creek closed to fishing at the end of December, and won't open until end of May for Anchor, Deep Creek, Ninilchik, and August 1 for Crooked Creek.

you could fish the kasilof but really untill the lakes open up and you can fish them for bows its not really worth fishing.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

so no real steelhead fishing on the peninsula in april? i wonder what kind of fly fishing might be good that early i hear that as soon as things start melting off swanson is supposed to keep you hooked up with rainbows i gotta get fishing somewhere

Lakes. You'll find some good fly fishing in the lakes. As they begin to open up, excellent fishing can be found at ice out. That said, April will be a bit early for open water this year. We have a ton of ice on the lakes this winter.

thanks for the feedback, i guess ill have to wait until may get my fly fix i hopefully will be going to the peninsula next weekend to ice fish, if i do i will give yall a report