Thread: Shipping Ammo

Default Shipping Ammo

I have a C&R and have quite a collection of older military rifles and pistols. I would see really good deals on surplus ammo down in the lower 48 but shipping is expensive.
    Does anyone know if there is a group that goes in on large orders for ground transport or some other way to purchase in bulk from the lower 48.

Contact one of the freight forwarders like PAF or AFF. You can have ammo shipped to them at their Seattle docks, they will do the ORM-D paperwork and deliver to you up here.

One of the dealers I've been dealing with for years states that you can get the USPS to utilize a flat rate box with the ORM-D sticker on it to ship ammunition. I had about 1000 rounds sent to me a couple months ago in a medium flat rate box. No issues. They took it to the post office, so I don't know what other paperwork was needed.

I'm gonna see about shipping myself some the next time I go down to the lower 48!

Quote Originally Posted by blybrook View Post
    One of the dealers I've been dealing with for years states that you can get the USPS to utilize a flat rate box with the ORM-D sticker on it to ship ammunition. I had about 1000 rounds sent to me a couple months ago in a medium flat rate box. No issues. They took it to the post office, so I don't know what other paperwork was needed.

I'm gonna see about shipping myself some the next time I go down to the lower 48!
    Go to jail stuff. Probaly not worth it.

see: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/sending-receiving.htm

Keep the Mail Safe: Hazardous and Restricted Materials
    Some things cannot be mailed or can be mailed only in small quantities for safety and legal reasons. Some items have restrictions on how they can be mailed, including:
    Some items, however, are not permitted in the mail, including:
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Ammunition
    • Drug paraphernalia
    • Fireworks and other explosives
    Call 1ˇ800ˇASKˇUSPS or visit your Post Office if you have questions about the item you want to mail.

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    Go to jail stuff. Probaly not worth it.

see: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/sending-receiving.htm

Keep the Mail Safe: Hazardous and Restricted Materials
    Some things cannot be mailed or can be mailed only in small quantities for safety and legal reasons. Some items have restrictions on how they can be mailed, including:
    Some items, however, are not permitted in the mail, including:

• Alcoholic beverages
    • Ammunition
    • Drug paraphernalia
    • Fireworks and other explosives

Call 1ˇ800ˇASKˇUSPS or visit your Post Office if you have questions about the item you want to mail.
    I'll get more information on how they did it before I try it. I did see that message myself when I looked it up. They claim it was kosher with their postmaster. If I find out more information about it, I'll report back.

Lets us know what you find out. I live remote so Fedex and UPS are not options. It would be great if I could get it shipped USPS.