Thread: Scott Canoe question

Default Scott Canoe question

Can you get a fiberglass Hudson bay with wood trim,The dealer I emailed said only Kevlar boats come with wood trim. This is my first post here,this seems to be the place for Freighter canoe information,

Thanks

Talk to the folks at Kanoepeople in white horse. They are the option and pacages avaible folks.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

My H.B. is fiberglass with wood trim.I purchased it through Kanoe people in Whitehorse.

you can get the HB with ash wood trim,I got mine from the canoe people as well. I'm selling mine, ordering a James Bay for spring

Quote Originally Posted by grit View Post
    you can get the HB with ash wood trim,I got mine from the canoe people as well. I'm selling mine, ordering a James Bay for spring
    How did that HB treat you this fall?
    I remember Mad River used to sell a Kevlar freighter. I used to work for Arctic Edge, a canoeing outfitter here in Whitehorse, back in the '80s, and the owner had one of those bad boys. What a rig. Crazy light yet pretty burly. Can't remember the length on it.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Default mine too

Quote Originally Posted by kandik View Post
    My H.B. is fiberglass with wood trim.I purchased it through Kanoe people in Whitehorse.
    My Scott Albany is also fiberglass with wood trim; It takes about 20 minutes to put a bit more stain on the rails each spring to make them look new again. Mine also came from KP, back a few owners ago.

I redid the rear seat in mine and underneath the original I found a very old brochure for a B&B in Canada, so I know my boat's been around.

Quote Originally Posted by grit View Post
    Changed your plans for the Esquif?

I still plan to purchase the bigger esquif when they come out, they are great for smaller rivers.