Thread: Dickie Lake Snowmachine trip in feb or march

Default Dickie Lake Snowmachine trip in feb or march

I am looking to team up with someone people or someone to see if We can make a weekend trip out to dickie lake, theres bows and steelhead in the lake during the winter, its off the denali road tangle lakes area, im not sure how long it will take to get there but im willing attempt it, just planning ahead! let me know if anyone is interested i need a few people, phone is 907-444-4074 in live in the glennallen area,

I dont think theres Bows or Steelhead in that lake. But for sure theres Grayling and Lakers. Been there during the summer and caught both near the outlet creek.... If, thats the Dickey lake behind the Swede lakes about 14 miles in by trail.

Ooh, sounds fun. I wouldn't bet against bows or steelhead being in there. Adfg fish mapping must have it listed. Have you heard or seen pics of people doing it, or is it purely exploratory?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Ooh, sounds fun. I wouldn't bet against bows or steelhead being in there. Adfg fish mapping must have it listed. Have you heard or seen pics of people doing it, or is it purely exploratory?

Fish On!
    The state doesn't hardly acknowledge steelhead in any systems north of Yakutat except the Anchor, Ninilchik- deep creek systems.
    I know for a fact steelhead run in the Gulkana but it isn't mentioned. I'm certain of several other little steelhead runs that you wouldn't believe.

My cousin works for fish and game, he said the steelhead go up the gulkana to that lake same with the rainbows thats in drainage and leave when the ice go out

Only thing I've ever caught is Lake trout and Grayling. Not to say that there isn't more, but thats what I've landed.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"