Thread: Delta/Paxson/Glennallen hunting

Default Delta/Paxson/Glennallen hunting

Not sure on the exact date yet as I will be coming from a Haul Road hunt, but I am gonna be going thru the area around 9-11 Oct. and was wondering if anyone in the area wanted to meet up to chase some aminals or had some advice...I've never been thru there.

Thanks,
    Jason

Its been a while since I was through there, but im sure not much has changed...its aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of dirt road lol. Pretty country side though. its around I believe 110 miles of dirt road just in case you didnt know. I could be off on exactly how many miles but i know its around 100.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    Its been a while since I was through there, but im sure not much has changed...its aloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of dirt road lol. Pretty country side though. its around I believe 110 miles of dirt road just in case you didnt know. I could be off on exactly how many miles but i know its around 100.
    What road are you referring to? The Richardson runs through Delta, Paxson and Glennallen, are they re-paving it? Last time I went through, it was all blacktop.

The Richardson highway is paved and in great shape. Even patched the potholes in early September.

As for hunting take a look at your AF&G regulation maps and take your pick along the way. LOTS of areas to take off walking or riding if you are mindful of posted property lines.
    Just don't shoot the pipeline

OOps my mistake lol. I was thinking of the old Denali Hwy that goes from Cantwell to Paxson.