Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gunsmith in Wasilla

  1. #1
    Member germe1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    151

    Default Gunsmith in Wasilla

    Hey, I know you're not allowed to plug a business, but if anyone knows of a gunsmith here i Wasilla, please PM me. I need to find out the feasability of having a JCPenny Foremost Model 6500 300 Win Mag fixed.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.
    Posts
    8,815

    Default

    Brophy's. (Palmer)

    He's 10 miles down the Knik River Road.

    Look him up in the book or call him at 745-2969

    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

  3. #3
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by germe1967 View Post
    Hey, I know you're not allowed to plug a business, but if anyone knows of a gunsmith here i Wasilla, please PM me. I need to find out the feasability of having a JCPenny Foremost Model 6500 300 Win Mag fixed.

    Thanks,
    This is not all together true. A business is not allowed to come on here and plug themselves. If you have a good experience with a company with which you are not affiliated then you are free to state that here.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    This is not all together true. A business is not allowed to come on here and plug themselves. If you have a good experience with a company with which you are not affiliated then you are free to state that here.
    Or, more to the point of the policy, and stated more directly (LuJon speak up if I'm wrong here) you are allowed to talk about anyone you've had experiences with biz-wise in the outdoors area, except you are not allowed to post negative comments about said businesses. The reasons for which are in a FAQ on this site that if anyone can't find, post that here and someone here (like me) will look it up for you.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mat-Su
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    I have used Brophy's for years and have never been disapointed. Here even has a range that one can use also.

  6. #6
    Member germe1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Hey thanks, guys. I'll give him a call right away. I know alot of Alaskans are do-it-yourselfers but I don't know alot about this area. Just enough to know that the armorers in the Marine Corps that weren't doing thier job right caused a lot of us Marines some headaches on the range. So I don't want to find out I did something wrong when I hear a mere "CLICK" when I squeeze the trigger on a big, tasty bull moose!

  7. #7
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    I have used Brophy's for years and have never been disapointed. Here even has a range that one can use also.
    The sad fact is that most of AK's gunsmiths are getting up there in years. I am tempted to buy a couple older blued rifles just to have one worked over by Stan Jackson and Brophy.

  8. #8
    Member ironartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Meadow Lakes
    Posts
    1,182

    Default Arctic custom guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The sad fact is that most of AK's gunsmiths are getting up there in years. I am tempted to buy a couple older blued rifles just to have one worked over by Stan Jackson and Brophy.
    Bob Pardie 373-4860 on the north end of lucas
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •