Thread: last 2 days

Default last 2 days

Well its the last 2 days of the season in the FMA (not counting Nov) and I am fortunate enough to have those days off of work. So with a little luck I might be able to call in a bull. I wasnt sucessful during my 20a hunt.
    Anyone have any success calling in the FMA? I have not got 1 response (but have been hunting a heavily hunted area)

I've managed to keep moose close with calling to them, but haven't called any in around town. They should be herded up now, so I'd think some cow moaning might bring in the little guys that got the boot from the bigger bulls.

yeah thats what i am thinking also the moose I have seen are all herded up, and the small spike forks I have seen with cows earlier in the season are now on there own so with a little luck, i might get an opportunity to harvest my 1st bull with my recurve

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

offer still stands to tag along if you need a caller.. that and i have an antlerless tag, just been waiting for the regular season pressure to get off before i start using it.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    offer still stands to tag along if you need a caller.. that and i have an antlerless tag, just been waiting for the regular season pressure to get off before i start using it.
    Sure sent you a PM

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Well sure was great running the last two days with ya Wiso. wish we had called in more then those other hunters though..

we found some nifty things out there, a nice shed, lots of great rubs, and one very abused birch tree Mr Moose decided to stab a few times.. we did not see another hunter until the last hour of light on the last day of the season... then hey there goes some guy at a fast pace looking for our calls.. oops now there is some guy in a tree... time to stop calling LOL.. oh well always NOVEMBER...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Had a great time Vince, exploring new areas meeting new people and learning new calling/hunting techniques. This was the first time I met with another forum member to hunt and it was overall a solid, positive experience.

Yes the birch tree was a great find and the area showed alot of promise for the future, always November my thoughts exactly.

Awwwww sounds like a match made in heaven! Guess I have to find a new hunting partner now eh Wiso? LOL!!!
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan_mtnman View Post
    Awwwww sounds like a match made in heaven! Guess I have to find a new hunting partner now eh Wiso? LOL!!!
    Your to funny,, besides didnt you say hunting the FMA isnt hunting cause its to close to town? hahahhahahhahahhah.

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    Your to funny,, besides didnt you say hunting the FMA isnt hunting cause its to close to town? hahahhahahhahahhah.
    well... really it's not... it more like waiting from them to get off the private prop..

meet on face book here