The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA High Power 50 round match on Saturday, October 2 at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park "B" range. Sign up time is 9:00 AM. The match fee will be $25.00 for annual ARC members or $30.00 for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1 each. Remember, 50 rounds for record, two sighters at each position and the possibility of having to shoot an extra string. Bring enough ammo. All targets will be set at 200 yards.

Do you have an M14 or clone sitting in the back of your safe or tucked away in a corner? Have you shot it in the last 5 years? Well, drag it out, dust it off and bring it out. Our March Director, Jon Terhune, has suggested that there be a special class for M14 rifles (or their civilian equivalents). We will also allow Beretta BM59s. There will be prizes (and no, it won't be a cream pie in the face) for the winner in this class.

Remember the club have loaner M1 & AR15. Call me if you want me to bring one for you.

I have attached the match schedule.

Hope to see you there!

Mark Friest
Alaska Rifle Club