Thread: Last trip to 20 mile for 2010..

Default Last trip to 20 mile for 2010..

I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to pack up my boat quite yet so this past Sunday I went with friends and we took two boats up 20 mile as far as we could go then went for a hike.

Water's pretty skinny, with debree at nearly every turn once you get back a few bends (tree's, stumps and rocks in many parts of the river). It was much different this time around compared to when we ran it in July. That said, it always has great views and there are still some snow caves left that make for good photo opportunities.

If your looking for a late season run and are not worried about possibly getting a small dent in your boat there's still some water to run - just try to stay in the channel.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

last run?...that creek won't freeze up for another month....don't put your boat away yet, it's just getting fun out there...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I get home later today for 2 weeks Toshiro, any chance we can meet up down there some afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    last run?...that creek won't freeze up for another month....don't put your boat away yet, it's just getting fun out there...
    Ya, he wasnt talking to you anyway T, he said "stay in the channel"

LOL! I ran outside the channel a few times but running around the trees, etc without getting stuck was more of a challenge... for me anyway.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    I get home later today for 2 weeks Toshiro, any chance we can meet up down there some afternoon?
    You bet....I'd enjoy that...you'll have to be constantly waiting up for me though...
    pull my finger....

I'll give you a call tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    I'll give you a call tomorrow!
    sounds good...

your PM inbox is full....
    pull my finger....