Thread: Small problem

Default Small problem

So next year I have 5 hunts that are all a possibility. I can go on a black bear hunt in Whittaier (not sure how to spell it), caribou hunt on the haul road, moose hunt in unit 13, sitka black tail in Kodiak, and a whitetail hunt in Ohio. The problem is my wife isn't going to let me do all 5. which hunts would everyone else choose, I am only going to 3. I am leaning to baiting (wife wont mind if it close and "cheaper"), caribou, black tail, and whitetails (with my brothers and dad). Moose will take a back seat next year. What do you think?

Haul Road/Unit 13/ Kodiak

The first two haul road and moose are going to be the cheapest. They also allow you to get out and see/feel the country. I love both of these areas, let alone hunting in them.

As for the Deer, why would you go to Ohio instead of Kodiak? Just me but its a no brainer to go to Kodiak unless your scared of bears.

Default Moose, Caribou,... Later

I'd say, Whittier For Bear, cause the Sound is Not To Be Missed for any reason, really nice area, not too crowded maybe? If you go out there, travel far from the towns.

Then Blacktail on Kodiak for same reason, exotic country maybe not too crowded, Brown Bear country is worth walking just for the Excitement of the Largest Carnivore on Earth Competing for your game,

and probably the Whitetail in Ohio, cause it's with your brothers and Dad, Priceless Hunt there,

You can get Moose and Bou anytime, Later, when you want to hunt something that will fill your freezer after one or two shots, and you're finished hunting cause you have too much meat to eat now.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

This is what I would do.

Plan for 2 weeks on the haul road when you leave your wife. Then spend a week chasing 'bou up there. Then drop your meat off in Fairbanks and sneak through town down to unit 13 for a week of moose hunting.

Then I would likely try to do a combo hunt in the fall in PWS black bear and sitka black tails. Granted a lot of the islands only have deer and most of the black bear are on the mainland, but we are schemeing here to get you the most out of your hunts.

For your 3rd and final hunt go down and visit your bro for a whitetail hunt.

Of course you could switch it up and go to Kodiak instead of PWS and chase deer and mountain goats at the same time as well. Oh the options.

Well I have been thinking it over. Here is what I think will happen. I will go to Whitter and go black bear hunting with my old High School buddy and my best friend in May. Second hunt will be 1 week on the haul road for caribou. Third go on a family moose hunt with my brother and father-in-law off the Denali Highway. Number 4 will be take off 2 weeks to go to Kodiak for black tails, and finally take 1 week off to fly to Ohio to hunt whitetails with my brothers and dad. My wife will let me do most because she might feel guilty. My old high school buddy and I havent seen each other much and she will feel bad about not letting me go with him. When it come to her family, she will let me go with them every time, and I havent been back to see anyone in Ohio in like 3 years, so she will feel guilty about almost all of it. Sometimes, I am mean, but hey I wont do these hunts every year, right?
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Your forgetting the other choice............................NEW WIFE!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Your forgetting the other choice............................NEW WIFE!
    no sh**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once had a wife said she would be gone when i got back if i went hunting..... i'll be danged if she wasnt still there with her boy friend when i got back...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Man-up and go on 6 hunts. If she leaves you, she doesn't love you. Pretty simple.

Once upon a time a guy asked a beautiful woman, will you marry me? the girl said NO! And the guy lived happily ever after & rode motorcycles & went hunting & fishing & played alot of golf & drank alot of beer & scotch & had tons of money in the bank & left the toilet seat up & farted whenever he wanted. THE END

pred....whaddaya mean! I said YES and all that followed afterward!! lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by predatorhuntr01 View Post
    Once upon a time a guy asked a beautiful woman, will you marry me? the girl said NO! And the guy lived happily ever after & rode motorcycles & went hunting & fishing & played alot of golf & drank alot of beer & scotch & had tons of money in the bank & left the toilet seat up & farted whenever he wanted. THE END
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    So next year I have 5 hunts that are all a possibility. I can go on a black bear hunt in Whittaier (not sure how to spell it), caribou hunt on the haul road, moose hunt in unit 13, sitka black tail in Kodiak, and a whitetail hunt in Ohio. The problem is my wife isn't going to let me do all 5. which hunts would everyone else choose, I am only going to 3. I am leaning to baiting (wife wont mind if it close and "cheaper"), caribou, black tail, and whitetails (with my brothers and dad). Moose will take a back seat next year. What do you think?
    I lived in PA and had some buddies who hunted Ohio. (I hunted PA, West Virgina and Maryland). I can tell you that Ohio is home to some massive whitetails. If you don't have a big whitetail on the wall then Ohio is the place to go!

LOL Huntress!!!!!!!!

Man, I wish I had that problem !

Default problems problems....

I deal with and problem-solve problems around here every day, but I think I like your problems better than I like my problems.

Thanks for sharing them; fun stuff to think about.

It was great running into you and T this last year while afield. I've met some really wonderful people randomly while I'm just outdoors on trips and also members of this forum, and you qualify as BOTH of those.