Thread: MSR Mutha Hubba's for sale at Costco on Dimond

Default MSR Mutha Hubba's for sale at Costco on Dimond

Costco has a small pile of MSR Mutha Hubba 3 season, 3 person tents hidden back by the tires for $299. I just thought I would pass along this good deal as these run $400-$450 normally. This 3 person tent is very light at less than 7 lbs. I've been looking for a 3-4 person tent and picked on up. Just thought I would pass along the deal info.

Great tents, used mine on a couple sheep hunts. Tons of room for two guys and gear.

Steve

Cool, thanks for chiming in. How does it do in the wind? Do you guy it out? Any probelems with the mesh body and condensation or blowing snow?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    Cool, thanks for chiming in. How does it do in the wind? Do you guy it out? Any probelems with the mesh body and condensation or blowing snow?
    Great in the wind, never had to guy it down. The mesh means no condensation trouble at all. The vestible on each end, and being able to enter and exit from each end are great. Never had it in snow, but had it in biblicle rains with no trouble. Great tent and that is a great price.

Steve

Great deal, I think this is the same one at Amazon for $335: http://www.amazon.com/Mutha-Hubba-3-.../dp/B003LDE5KY

Free shipping from there is you are not in Anchorage.

Yeah, that looks like the same one.

Thanks for the tip on this tyrex13. I'd been looking for a better tent for a while and that's just what I needed. I had the wife head over there this afternoon and score me one. She said there were about 3 or 4 left after grabbing one. She also said they were along the wall by the matresses (the summer clearance area, apparently).

I was able to order a footprint from REI. They offer free shipping if you have it shipped to their store, but it takes 2 weeks. I found it other places online, but the shipping killed the other deals.

I was able to order a footprint from REI. They offer free shipping if you have it shipped to their store, but it takes 2 weeks. I found it other places online, but the shipping killed the other deals.
    All the footprints I have seen are made from plastic sheet. EZ to make, tyvex house wrap works good too. Make sure that you cut it slightly smaller than the tent to prevent water from running under your tent.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Still four left at the Dimond Costco as of this afternoon (Oct 11th). Still priced at $299.

I was there Sunday and didn't see them, did they move?

I was there Sunday and didn't see them, did they move?
    Over along the wall (west end of bldg). Walk down the aisle with the tires / garage stuff and take a right, go ten steps, the tents will be on the left. Near the dry bags and some other camping / lawn items. Just four tents in their bags, none set up to grab your attention.