Thread: Couple decent bulls

Default Couple decent bulls

After going archery sheep with no kill decided to take a shot at a caribou hunt. Happen to get in on the migration of the 40 mile herd and found a couple meat bulls. Was a great hunt, great weather, and as always good medicine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bigmtn,

It was a pleasure meeting you on the flyout day and talking sheep and caribou hunting while we waited to fly out! Nick and I also connected on nice caribou, although I'm not sure how many people would call your caribou meat bulls.

Congrats to you and your hunt partner on great caribou.

Michael

Great looking bulls. I'm always surprised at how different they can look even when taken from the same area. Love the palmation on the white mained bull, I'd love to get one like that sometime.

Did you arrow them?

Ended up putting some lead in him. Did have a lot of great stalks on some nice bulls. Spread a few arrows around the country, dont go barefoot around there. LOL I told myself I wasnt going to bring out a bull unless it was with my bow. So I left that set of antlers at the kill site to remind me to be a little more disciplined next time.

congrats on 2 great bulls!! awesome pics! We hunted the 40-mile herd a cpl years back and scored on 2 nice bulls but probably not quite as good as those 2. Beautiful country there for sure!