Thread: I Hate Stupid Hunters!

Default I Hate Stupid Hunters!

I was out at Jims Lake this morning and I saw a guy out there in a green scanoe with a gas motor who was being a totally irresponsible. First he shot and wounded (shooting about 12 shots into it) a duck on the water, then never made an attempt to retrieve it. after that he picked up his gear and motored his boat around the lake trying to jump ducks...
    I hate when people waste animals that they kill... I understand that birds get away or lost, but make a hard attempt to find the bird.
    FarouT

get his numbers off the boat and call safeguard and turn him in. If he does not have numbers on the scanoe he is breaking another law.

Speaking of Jim creek, why do people insist on setting up right in the boat channel to get into the creek from Mud Lake? I know the area is really shallow and there are limited areas to get into using a prop, but come on.

i talked to that guy in the scanoe yesterday he seemed to be fine yesterday but today sounds like a different story. i didnt hear to much shooting over at jim lake. pretty slow on mud lake. ak ray were you out there today? we got a couple. only shot at two flocks.

He didn't have any numbers on the scanoe, or i would have. the only shooting going on at jims lake was that guy shooting at birds on the water.
    I either hunt the straight north or south side. that's about it.
    it was a really slow days..
    FarouT

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    pretty slow on mud lake. ak ray were you out there today?
    My daughter and I were out on sunday from about 930 to 2 just in Mud Lake. Testing the new mini long tail on the sneak boat. We set up near the old blinds on the beaver dam just to see if anything would work out. With a semi displacement hull on the sneak boat I am still limited on where I can get into. Did find another spot that will float the boat, but it looks like it had been hit hard by some high powered mud motors at some point during the week. We only had one bird come in, but he was right over head and my poor gun mount didn't help out with that angle of shot.

Now thinking about a flat bottom boat for next year.

Jim Lake is pretty small to be shooting more than a few birds before the place is empty.

I figued he would not have numbers on the boat since most folks who run a canoe with a motor don't now they have to register the boat with DMV if they use a motor even one day a year. The state as got to be paid.

ah i remember seeing you. i thought we gave enough room for people to get through the channel all my decoys were set up on top where it was hard bottom and not in the deep channel. sorry about that if we caused an inconvience for you the wind was supposed to come from the north east and we had the decoys way over the the left not close to the channel but then it came from the west south west and screwed us so we had to work with where we were. again sorry about that.

Killer, I have don't have an issue as long as you don't mind boats running through your set up. There was plent of room, its just that I don't like messing things up for guys, but when people are set up in the only spot to drive a boat safely...well...it makes me concerned is all.

Over the years out there I have ran into people that set up in the dark right in the boat lane and then spend the day shaking their fist and giving folks the finger as they go by. Many years ago someone set up in the blinds on the beaver dam and filled the whole area with decoys leaving no landing zone and no clear path into Gull lake. They were pretty mad at me, and then the three boats that came behind me just before shooting hours. On the way out we were given more colorful language. All I could do was wave and wish them luck.

oh ya i had no problem with people going through there at all. i knew what i was getting my self into i knew people were going to run through there. i just wanted to make sure we were set up in time for shooting hours we got a late start and get the last decoy fixed after the wind changed just in time before we could shoot.

FarouT-welcome to the forum and AK. It is me you are speaking of. You could have spoken with me last Sunday at the lake while we were both putting our gear away less than twenty yards from each other. Yes there are always two sides to the story-here is mine: When those five ducks locked it up just outside of my decoys which you could not see from where you were sitting, the first two shots dropped two dead and crippled the third bird dropping it onto the water. This is the duck you could see as he swam into the middle of the lake away from my dog and I. Fact-ducks can out swim a dog when they have that much of a head start. At the point I began walking into the lake after the cripple is when you and your friends could have begun to watch what unfolded. I did shoot seven times at that crippled duck while it was on the water-it could no longer fly. I am sure you noted I was walking toward the duck attempting to close the distance, unfortunately I could not and I stopped shooting when the duck was finally way out of shooting range. At that time I watched the duck in question through binoculars to get a good idea where it was going so I could continue the pursuit. I then retrieved my gear and moved across the lake to the last known location of the cripple. I now believe it either dove under and died or swam into the outflow on the SW side of the lake. I did have my dog check the shoreline for it to no avail. My attempt to retrieve that duck included me walking into the lake as far as safely possible, shooting patterns over it until out of range, stopping my hunt, searching the last known location of the duck for 15 minutes and using a dog. I do not know what else I could have done to find that bird.

I then did proceed all the way around the lake paddling most of the way. You may wonder why so here it is- the only hunters out there that day was your party and me so it was a great day to explore I did not have the Jim Creek portage in my GPS so I went over there and entered it, then I completed the circle around the lake. Yes, ducks got scared up-I did not shoot since it is not legal or ethical to “jump” ducks. I paddled within 30 yards of those 10 Widgeon I chased your way-I did not shoot as it was not the right thing to do. I figured you guys may have got a shot on them.

“He didn't have any numbers on the scanoe, or i would have.”-Thank you for the reminder to put those on, it is done now. If you think you needed to get some numbers you could have either asked me or taken down my license plate since you stood at the back of your truck talking with your friends for more than ten minutes right next to my truck while I loaded. You also could have taken it down when I idled past you less than ten yards away on my way out.

It would have been nice if you would have just talked to me out there instead of going home, jumping on your computer and talking about me.

Hit me with a PM if you want to discuss further or meet for coffee one day.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

"Carpet for sale" " Carpets for sale..." lol "you can call 'em to the carpet, or pull a carpet from under them" .. "Carpets for sale"

:Popcorn:

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    FarouT-welcome to the forum and AK. It is me you are speaking of. You could have spoken with me last Sunday at the lake while we were both putting our gear away less than twenty yards from each other. Yes there are always two sides to the story-here is mine: When those five ducks locked it up just outside of my decoys which you could not see from where you were sitting, the first two shots dropped two dead and crippled the third bird dropping it onto the water. This is the duck you could see as he swam into the middle of the lake away from my dog and I. Fact-ducks can out swim a dog when they have that much of a head start. At the point I began walking into the lake after the cripple is when you and your friends could have begun to watch what unfolded. I did shoot seven times at that crippled duck while it was on the water-it could no longer fly. I am sure you noted I was walking toward the duck attempting to close the distance, unfortunately I could not and I stopped shooting when the duck was finally way out of shooting range. At that time I watched the duck in question through binoculars to get a good idea where it was going so I could continue the pursuit. I then retrieved my gear and moved across the lake to the last known location of the cripple. I now believe it either dove under and died or swam into the outflow on the SW side of the lake. I did have my dog check the shoreline for it to no avail. My attempt to retrieve that duck included me walking into the lake as far as safely possible, shooting patterns over it until out of range, stopping my hunt, searching the last known location of the duck for 15 minutes and using a dog. I do not know what else I could have done to find that bird.

I then did proceed all the way around the lake paddling most of the way. You may wonder why so here it is- the only hunters out there that day was your party and me so it was a great day to explore I did not have the Jim Creek portage in my GPS so I went over there and entered it, then I completed the circle around the lake. Yes, ducks got scared up-I did not shoot since it is not legal or ethical to “jump” ducks. I paddled within 30 yards of those 10 Widgeon I chased your way-I did not shoot as it was not the right thing to do. I figured you guys may have got a shot on them.

“He didn't have any numbers on the scanoe, or i would have.”-Thank you for the reminder to put those on, it is done now. If you think you needed to get some numbers you could have either asked me or taken down my license plate since you stood at the back of your truck talking with your friends for more than ten minutes right next to my truck while I loaded. You also could have taken it down when I idled past you less than ten yards away on my way out.

It would have been nice if you would have just talked to me out there instead of going home, jumping on your computer and talking about me.

Hit me with a PM if you want to discuss further or meet for coffee one day.
    WELL SAID! Thats the biggest turn off about sites like these. People who do what that guy just did to you. Sad. Good for you setting the record straight! What ever happened to mind your own buisiness anyway? Worry more about yourself and less about others.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

...carpets!! HAAHAAHAAAAAA... Ha haa haa ha ha ha ha ha haaa!
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life