Thread: Tetlin Nat'l Wildlife Refuge

Default Tetlin Nat'l Wildlife Refuge

I really want to get some ideas as to the type of boat/moter that is best suited for use on the refuge...gotta start looking for a boat, I have lived in Tok for 3 yrs and have yet to go duck hunting! Need a BOAT!!!!

oh - and this would be a mid sized boat and motor...don't need anything huge or super charged. LOL
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

****...I need to proof read.. MOTOR ... LOL
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I know folks have gone in there in 1448 jon boats with small long tail mud motors (go devils). Others use longer boats up to 18 feet with mud motors. Some folks go for moose in there using jet outboards, but don't go far from the river edge.

skybust has been there before but that was a few years ago.

Julie, i've thought about coming up to Tetlin but I never have. Jim (jeez cant recall his last name now) the old equip manager if u recall, has been up there in his 16' with mud buddy. I have a 12' with 5hp go devil u can try sometime if u want, but if I come up there it will be with my airboat. I susbect it is all froze up for this year isn't it. No excuse for you not taking those great chessies of yours out on a real hunt. Bud

addition: my 12' jon cost me $100 and the 5hp mud buddy cost $700, just so u know it will be affordable for u if u want(not mine, but somebody else's if u shop around.