View Poll Results: Where you successful on moose?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Didn't get to go.....

19 13.29%
  • Remote fly in........ SUCCESS

23 16.08%
  • Remote fly in........Bean & Franks

7 4.90%
  • Remote Access 4W ,Horse, walk..SUCCESS

31 21.68%
  • Remote Access 4W, Horse, walk.. Mac D's

20 13.99%
  • Hunted local spot........ Success

20 13.99%
  • Hunted local spot......... Fish for the winter

23 16.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: succes or not

Default succes or not

With the season comming to an end thought that we might do an internal poll on the results.

You need to add: Got screwed over by transporter, did not hunt

I guess I wasn't successful, but the little lady made 'us' successful!

No option listed met my success. I had to hunt in other folks backyard, to kill my moose because of Regulatory Requirements of the hunt. Not remote, not local.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Shooot...my season hasn't even begun yet. Moose, caribou, musk ox and bear are all gonna go down in a few weeks... I like the low pressure October hunts. Plus the ground is frozen, and the AO tent will be WARM!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

No success for me, yesterday was the last day of my moose hunting. Had a cow permit for the valley and had trouble accessing public land due to native land and private land. But if I'd gotten an earlier start I would probably be successful. Oh well still got bear tag(s) and deer to hunt.

Sorry that every catigory doesn't fit every situation. meant to be a little fun and see where and how things turned out for the members. Just pick the one that would closest fit your situation.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I guess I wasn't successful, but the little lady made 'us' successful!
    i agree i have yet to punch my own tag this year but count every trip out successful. It is kind of fun being the pointer/retriever i think...

would have liked a multiple choice on the poll also...

did 1 fly in success

did 2 remote ATV success

and 1 local area success this year...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Well, the results seem to be confirming my suspicions! I am still in need of better site selection and sharpening my skills. The local hunt success seems almost 50/50. But look at the fly ins....WAY better results. We'll see how this poll looks a week from now when the rest of the hunters sober up and look at stats and planning.....

Had one of the best moose seasons ever. Went out for a quick trip with my neighbor to check out the normal campsite and possibly find a bull for him or cow for me. Ended up shooting a plus size lady right outside of our camp. Headed back out to that campsite over the weekend, and we filled another cow tag and I almost got trampled by a spooked bull. The next weekend we did the Delta Youth Hunt for my 11 year old neice, and we got her on a bunch of moose and she ended up shooting a large cow. Wrap it up with a little bull in rut action this weekend to get some good video, and I have no complaints. No antlers this year, but the three family freezers are topped off with some top quality moose meat. I'd have to take the pea's out of the package to get them to fit in my freezer right now. We gonna eat good this winter.

Being in on 5 moose kills (including my own) I was successful, but if its 150+ miles from my house is it remote or local cause its still on the road system??

shot a nice 4yr. old with my .338-06 and 250grn Horn. RN's...in the neck, for traveling I used my 75 Stinger and tunnel boat...a good hunt!

edit: 30 yd shot..bullet weighs 137.6 grns.

Default Voted too soon

I picked didn't get to go before I remembered the weekender I did with my buddy early in the season. I guess it don't matter too much as we were unsuccessful. I didn't put much into moose hunting this fall instead concentrating on getting a brown bear for my dad and later myself.

I filled a local cow tag this year. Lots of meat for the winter.

Self-guided fly-in float hunt. I was able to set up my wife for her first big game animal and provide my kids with what some would consider the experience of a lifetime.

Remote success with my caribou out of Boundary this year.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Remote fly in on the John River for moose. Beanks and Franks, and a nice face and hand tan.

Neither 'remote,' nor local. But after much travel, I got one.

Mostly sorta remote, but does it count as hunting if you took your wife, pre-teen kids and the dog along for the trip? My neighbor thinks it's more that I took my guns for a walk while the family went camping. No moose in the freezer but a fun time by all, and I got to see my wife back-pedal down the trail when a little cinnamon black bear nosed out of the brush ahead of her
    Gun-Steuerung arbeitet für uns!
    (let us not repeat history...)

Shot a caribou on a remote hunt, but since you asked about moose I chose didn't get to go. Guess it's time to start planning next year's hunt...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast