Thread: I'm SOOOO EXCITED

Default I'm SOOOO EXCITED

Where should i go to get some bunnys/grouse? There isn't anything in the valley. where to go...where to go??? and ideas? thanks!!!!!!!

When I was younger I use to go out and take quads up a few miles towards the glacier out at jim creak area and use to slay the bunnies. There are alot of rabbits in the valley. I get em in my back yard all the time. Find a place where there are alot of fallen trees or bushes and look under the trees. Try heading out to burma road or point mac area but becarefull there is alot of private property but there are some main trail systems that you could walk and look off the side too. There is alot of swampy land out in that area too so you may have to walk around some swampy land to get down the trails to the wooded area. Also may want to try heading up the glenn highway a ways out of palmer or head up the parks highway up by talkeetna. Just watch out for private property signs and make sure your not tresspassing on some ones land. There are places out here to hunt you just have to look around for em.

see if this link works, you can use it to navigate around the mat su and find private land and public land.
    http://gis.matsugov.us/parcelslite/v...&QueryZoom=Yes

I was thinking about getting out Saturday for grouse n bunnies. A guy told me about mystery lake road?? south of anchorage. Gotta look into it, but thinking about getting out there and just walking and having fun. Let me know if you want to go out there and shoot some.

If someone could shed some light on where Mystery Lake Rd is, I would appreciate it. I've been down that way, several times and can never find the rd. I hear great things about the rd, as far as, birds are concerned. Please help a hunter out, thanks.

Its a mystery.....actually it is called Mystery Creek Road. Mile 64 of the Sterling Highway past Cooper Landing a ways. Access for the Kenai Refuge.

If you have to drop down out of the mountains from cooper landing heading towards sterling it will be on your right and has a gate on it.

Default valley grouse

are the hay flats -- west of the glenn, off the knik road access exit -- a good place for grouse? too bad beavers are off limits they're thick in there

mystery creek rd, so is that grouse hunting or rabbit? or both and is it a dirt road?