Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slob hunter leaves head for all to step over

Default slob hunter leaves head for all to step over

I just tonight ran into the head from a little spiker. Right at a popular place where people pull off the road to admire the Little Su. This head is about 6 feet from where people park their cars, about 20 feet from the river itself.

Hikers and picnic'rs will have to step around this head to get to the river.

Why do people do stuff this dumb?

And then you have the separate issue of the sticks rammed into its nose/mouth....

If I were a trooper I'd be looking into the neckmeat attached to that head. Maybe there's enough there to prosecute for that reason if not for stupidity.

I share your pain, FM.

Taylor

Did you pick it up?
    "Your papers are not in order"

i agree with you on the bad rep we hunters will get over this. did you by any chance do something about it after the pic was taken?

This is crap why not take it to the dump people amaze me.

Absolutely Pathetic

Moose heads make great trapping bait.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

were the brains missing from the skull it looks empty.
    Semper Fi!

20 feet from the river??? I would have kicked it in the water and never thought another thing about it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Yep, I'm thinking he should start a "Kick the Moose head in the River" Co-op. For the unfortunate people who would otherwise never get a chance to do it.

Default resolutiion of the dumped head

To most responders:
    Yes, I will take care of it. Didn't have time tonight; had 30 pounds of pork in the smoker, was greatly challenged by the winds (2 downed trees here and another out front in the road) and I was running a short errand with no time for moose head disposal acts. Also today getting the pork done and put up so as to make room for a hot date later.

To supercub:
    Only 26 posts on this forum and 2 of those 26 are you suggesting I should start another co-op of a different sort? (caribou first, and moose head-kicking second) Obviously you've got an agenda here that I'd suggest that you either drop, or take private. PM me anytime if you want to communicate directly, minus the innuendos.

To Family Man,

Do you only start Co-ops when they might benefit you? I have no agenda. Just pokin' fun... Didn't have time to Kick it in the river because you were smoking Pork at home??? Ha ha

And since when did "Post Counts" give credibility to anyone? I wasn't always SuperCub........

Finding the moose head at that location makes me wonder if it was not planted by an anti-hunter. It is the type of trick that group might pull to turn others against hunting.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Hey guys, lets put a stop to this right now. Could end up with a bunch of comments in the wrong direction for no good reason. Yes it stinks that someone couldn't have taken the time to throw it in the bushes or in the water. Might be a more interesting question of what would be more enviormentally beneficial.

Maybe the head was off in the woods until a little black bear found it and carried it out to the parking area in middle of the night.

I might have to change my screen name if somebody starts a kicking moose-head into the river co-op
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

It's pretty likely that a dog/bear/coyote or something drug it there from where it was left.

Do you and supercub have some issues you two need to work out?? Just wondering??

Isn't it against the law to leave carcass parts in a trail or other drivable surface?

This happens at the Mud Lake ramp at Maud road every couple of years. People leave meatless bones right there for our dogs to crawl all over when we launch the boats for duck hunting. One fall every wide spot along Maud road was filled with bones and gut piles. One set of bones was obviously a steer and not a moose.

The sticks were probably used to hold the head still while he cut the skull plate. Jam them in, step on them and get to sawing.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    To Family Man,

Do you only start Co-ops when they might benefit you? I have no agenda. Just pokin' fun... Didn't have time to Kick it in the river because you were smoking Pork at home??? Ha ha

And since when did "Post Counts" give credibility to anyone? I wasn't always SuperCub........
    Do tell. But you might want to take it to PMs....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast