Thread: One picture..

Red face One picture..

tagged this guy while doing some ptarmigan hunting...
    she'll make a nice wall hanger.
    anyone else had any early season luck?

Nice Rifle, Fox and my favorite the view!! Tried to reply earlier, but work has blocked me from logging in so all I can do is lurk.

While...the gun is cool, and it's pretty cool you got a fox...it is FAR from prime. When the season opens, you can do what you want, but I try my best to not take a fox before November.

However, like you said...it'll do real nice for a wall hanger.....and that is a cool looking gun.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

I did some calling with some mouth calls and my foxpro on thursday just to see if I would get any responses because it was a new area that looked promising. I ended up calling in a lynx I watched him for about 10 minutes then finally stood up to go get the caller and he took off. But like Alaskan said I try not to take any before the end of October because they are far from prime. The only exception would be like when I took my wolf because I had never gotten one before and I may never get a chance again so of course I shot it.

Default Your right..

it was my first fox up here in the interior...so i got some what trigger happy after i watched him for awhile but you guys are right, i probably should have waited awhile longer...right on Bsj425, make some fine calling this winter hopefully... thanks for that gun compliments its a 22 mag done with some rattle cans and it turned out great! thanks for the replies..looking forward to the season..ive seen the pictures from all you guys and hoping i can do near as good, thanks for the replies fella's

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! It's was your first fox in the interior. Shoot...then shoot away!! Just like Bsj, there are circumstances that say "shoot now!!!"...and anytime "first" is in the equation....then you're good.

There isn't one guy that hasn't shot an "early" critter because he got the trigger jitters. We've all been there. But now that you've got it out of the way....now you wait for MR. FLUFFY in winter time.

Seen lots of fox lately when driving the roads. It's everything I can do to not want to shoot them, so I leave the gun at home...knowing that's the best way. Sure are neat to watch this time of year though.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

yeah they are...this one was halfway in a ground squirrel hole when i saw it...very cool

Just curios but what Rifle and what cal are you shooting? And Grats on the fox

Allalaskan im shooting a 22 mag.