Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!!!

Default Finally!!!

A few short years ago I cobbled onto a TC Encore in 375 Winchester. I instantly fell in love with the gun and even more so with the round. So I started my quest to find a Ruger #3 in this offering. Turns out that the folk that have them intend to keep them. They were few and far between and the ones that did surface were road hard and put away wet(can I say that?). 10 or 12 days ago when doing my routine check on all the auction sights I struck gold. A very clean #3 in 375 had just been listed. It's been a very long 10 or 12 days but the rifle is now mine.

I've owned close to a thousand rifles in my life but I can't remember one that has been more anticipated than this one. It will look very good sitting along side it's counterparts, the Encore and more recent 375 Marlin.

Also arriving today in the mail courtesy of e45colt was a box of Beartooth cast bullets to shoot out of my new toy! Many thanks e45colt!

Well boys I'd love to stay and chat but the reloading covey hole under the steps is calling me.

Take a gander. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=189780036

Congratulations on the successful quest and a fine looking rifle...

EKC Sure is a nice looking carbine you got there, bet those .375 beartooth bullets you are planning on loading would put a fatal bite on any moose, elk or deer you used them on. Congratulations.

So, were you Hyperventilating when you saw all those pics for the first time? That is in Gorgeous Condition, Nice

Congrats on the find and patience looking and waiting for that Beauty
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Congrats EKC, thats a beaut.

Cincere congrats! Easy to understand your enthusiasm for the caliber, and coupled with a rifle like that....

Now all you need is a 94AE, and you've got them all!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Cincere congrats! Easy to understand your enthusiasm for the caliber, and coupled with a rifle like that....

Now all you need is a 94AE, and you've got them all!
    Man I've already thought about the 94...I think Savage chambered a 99 in 375 too for a while. I gotta wait a while. Moms mad....again! Ha!

Oh man. How could I forget about the 99? That's the one that makes my heart thump. I've shot two that belong to friends, and they are tack drivers with both cast and jacketed.

The more I think about it, the more I realize my 358 needs a "big brother." My wife is still realing from my announced plans to spend $10k for a new outboard, so maybe I'll let the 99 rest for a while.

Congrats. Always nice to see the new acquisition EKC. I am sure you will enjoy it.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I was hoping you would win that auction, that is a fine rifle in deserving hands. Glad you got the boolits and hope they shoot well in that handy little carbine you just scored.
    The load with those boolits in my BB94 is 28.0gr of IMR 3031. Not the fastest load but they go where I want'em to. Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

Ed
    Afflicted by condition human

Quote Originally Posted by e45colt View Post
    I was hoping you would win that auction, that is a fine rifle in deserving hands. Glad you got the boolits and hope they shoot well in that handy little carbine you just scored.
    The load with those boolits in my BB94 is 28.0gr of IMR 3031. Not the fastest load but they go where I want'em to. Can't wait to hear how she shoots.

Ed
    Thanks for the load info....I have a half a can of 3031. I'll give it a go. I'm not much into wringing out fps now-a-days just hitting the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Oh man. How could I forget about the 99? That's the one that makes my heart thump. I've shot two that belong to friends, and they are tack drivers with both cast and jacketed.

The more I think about it, the more I realize my 358 needs a "big brother." My wife is still realing from my announced plans to spend $10k for a new outboard, so maybe I'll let the 99 rest for a while.
    I know I just got daughter number two hitched a couple weeks ago. Thats why mom's mad! "Money doesn't grow on trees"! Well neither do no 3s in 375 Win.

I'm not even gonna look at a gun auction sight for a while...they just might have a nice Savage 99 in my flavor and that would not be good!

As it is I'm driving 10 hours round trip tomorrow to buy a high dollar Johnson line American Bulldog brood *****. I get to spring this on mother at breakfast in the morning. Of course I'm gonna wait till it's cooked and on the table...I didn't just fall of the turnip truck yesterday. Wonder if she'll want to ride along

I just edited this little episode cuz it got way better...it just dawned on me that tomorrow is sept 25, our 34th wedding aniversary! Now not only does she gotta ride along but I'll prolly have to spring for burgers and sodi pops along the way!

Ten years ago folks would never believe #3's bringing as much or more than #1's but its common today. I saw #3 in 30/40Craig go for nine hundred a while back. My 45/70 will stay till I'm gone. A medium lace on helps some with that butt if you go hot at times. Enjoy your fine new rifle. I have put a long one of these on all my dovetail sight rifles and its looks great on a #3
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...EYE_REAR_SIGHT
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I just edited this little episode cuz it got way better...it just dawned on me that tomorrow is sept 25, our 34th wedding aniversary! Now not only does she gotta ride along but I'll prolly have to spring for burgers and sodi pops along the way!
    How thoughtful of you! An American Bulldog is the perfect 34th anniversary gift!

Default Anniversaries & Dogs

Sep 23 was our 21st, guess who forgot?

Not me, so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth(as she would). Thinking about a winter project, may order a Jim Chambers BP muzzleloader kit. Ideas are welcome fellas.
    We like bulldogs but are smitten by Scotties.

Thinking about a winter project, may order a Jim Chambers BP muzzleloader kit. Ideas are welcome fellas.
    I haven't built a Chambers, but know folks who have, and have handled a few of the results. Wow! Not a simple kit, but not a box of parts either. If you go slow and follow directions, you'll be delighted with the results.

I tease about the Mrs. but in all reality she is a saint! She went with today and held the pup on the way home. We stopped along the way and she shopped for herself and then we stopped at Bass Pro(needed more Reloader 7) and I did my thing.

She is 52 years old and runs a couple miles every day, can do 30 perfect form push ups and gets looks from the younger guys yet puts up with me and my guns. Yup I married way over my head!

I might swap her out for a pristine 99 in 375 though

Sep 23 was our 21st, guess who forgot?

Not me, so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth(as she would). Thinking about a winter project, may order a Jim Chambers BP muzzleloader kit. Ideas are welcome fellas.
    We like bulldogs but are smitten by Scotties.
    My wife and her 2 sisters are in kahoots with devil. They call each other the night before to remind each other of important stuff. Then they sit back and wait for us men folk to forget.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a Lyman BP pistol this winter. The Jim Chambers stuff is pretty high dollar is it not! I'd be afraid of doing a muff job on something that nice.

At 21 years I'm still a newly-wed compared to your 34 years. Congatulations to you and your wife for hitting that year mark and also on scoring the pup. Pics are requested!(of the pup)

My wife fought long and hard but finally gave in (cause she really forgot)..........I will order a Jim Chambers 20ga LH Fowler kit on Monday. She doesn't run or do push ups but she is still pretty darn amazing! She's put up with me for 21yrs.............

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    My wife and her 2 sisters are in kahoots with devil. They call each other the night before to remind each other of important stuff. Then they sit back and wait for us men folk to forget.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a Lyman BP pistol this winter. The Jim Chambers stuff is pretty high dollar is it not! I'd be afraid of doing a muff job on something that nice.

Yes sir I'm a little worried about screwing it up. Debating about paying someone to do it, just so I don't put my goofy hands on the project.

My wife has seven sisters.........................so I'm screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast