Thread: Flip up scope cover for Leupold Rifleman 2-7 x 33mm ???

Default Flip up scope cover for Leupold Rifleman 2-7 x 33mm ???

Anyone using a Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33 with flip open scope covers? I need to find the proper objective end scope cover size. I've ordered one that did not fit. Looking for a perfect fit (don't want to tape the scope with electrical tape)and the brand doesn't matter. If anyone has the info that would be great. The one I ordered that was too big came from an order chart for butler creek covers....go figure!

Larch, I don't have that particular scope but looking at Leupold site they have the objective size listed as 1.6". According to Butler creek list it looks like their size #5 would be the one to order. Which size did you get the first time?

Here is the list of sizes from Butler Creek

http://www.butlercreek.com/productsI...over_chart.png

Sorry Larch, that was the chart for the clear flip open covers. Here is the chart for the regular flip open scope covers.

So it looks like Objective column is the #17 at 1.612, sorry for the wrong info first. Mark
    Last edited by markopolo50; 09-22-2010 at 18:37. Reason: Wrong chart

Larch, if you can measure the outside diameter of your scope it would be best. I like using calipers so I can double check the size. Good luck, Mark

i bought a size 17 for the objective and it is too big.

I just measured my wife's VX1 2-7 and it takes a #11 for the eye and a #15 for the objective. I believe it is the same objective as the rifleman.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!