Thread: Kubota RTV 1100

Default Kubota RTV 1100

Interested in one of these. Would love to know if anyone has one and what they think. Not trying to do real muddy trails or anything like that. Or go real fast.

I've been driving one at work on a daily basis on the North Slope for 2 years now. Good points: The heater works well up to -35. Colder than that, the windows start to frost up a bit. On hot summer days, (very few) the air conditioner works exceptionally well. Bad Points. If your on a slick road and your foot accidently slips off the gas pedel, the engine braking is so brutal, you might end up doing a 180 if your not ready for it. It has low grond clearance so I get stuck in an 10" snow drift. It uses almost a full tank of deisel in 12 hours of idiling and minor use. WOT with a tail wind, top speed is 25 MPH.

Would I own one? If I worked on a farm and was using it as a work horse, yes! If I would own one for hunting, fishing and playing in Alaska. NO!!!! We personally own a Ranger XP LE and really like it. Hope this helps. PM me if you have specific questions.

Chico,

You need to clear some pm space. Apparently Kubota has addressed some of the braking issues with coming off the accelerator.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    Chico,

You need to clear some pm space. Apparently Kubota has addressed some of the braking issues with coming off the accelerator.
    Cleared my box! The engine braking is quite agressive to say the least.

chico your avatar cracks me up !. Seriously thats not the reason I looked at this thread. I have a Kubota R310 and I like it a lot but theres no no kubota support here in the valley. I'm went and bent my attachment rigging because it was all jammed up w/ dirt and instead of cleaning it I smacked it w/ a sledge hammer Gosh I can be something sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    chico your avatar cracks me up !. Seriously thats not the reason I looked at this thread. I have a Kubota R310 and I like it a lot but theres no no kubota support here in the valley. I'm went and bent my attachment rigging because it was all jammed up w/ dirt and instead of cleaning it I smacked it w/ a sledge hammer Gosh I can be something sometimes
    fullbush,

I think your right. There is no support in the valley but this guy is in Anchorage.

Equipment Source, Inc
    7780 Old Seward Highway
    Anchorage, AK 99518
    Phone: (907) 341-2250

The Kubotas we have at work were purchased from United Rentals in Anchorage but they don't service them. We have 2 mechanics here at Alpine that work on them that I know of. Both of them live in the Valley. If you want, I will ask them if they are interested in working offline while they are home n R&R if you need help. Took lots of searching on the internet to find that avatar. Looks alot like my first dog as a kid minus the peg leg.