Thread: To all Hunters of this Great State

Default To all Hunters of this Great State

This is for all hunters of this great state, I am currently serving a tour of duty here at Balad Air base, Iraq, and stationed out of Eielson AFB, outside of Fairbanks. I got lucky to draw a goat tag for 13D (DG719) If I happen to make it back alive, could some one give me just info. or recommendation the best way to access this area, I heard from a friend you can go up the Klutina River by jet boat then hike in. I don't need to know secret spots or anything but maybe some advice just to get into the general area. This is my first ever goat hunt so any pointers I would really appreciate. I have hunted this great state, and enjoy every acre of it, bagging one these crown jewels would really be nice but, even if I don't get one, just to have the oppurtunity to hunt one, makes it all the worth while. I really enjoy the forums, It keeps me going out here, and I can't wait to get back. Thanks for all of you that support us, this is what makes our country great! I also have an email address here, send me a P.M. and again thanks...God bless America........CK

Default is that west or east

of the river. I can't remember?

man if you get a chance email the biologist in glennallen Tobey is his last name, he'd be able to tell you right where the goats are, great guy to talk to, but i don't have his email handy, politicbio has some posts in teh photo section, send her a PM and she'd be able to help you too, she works with him.
    good luck stay safe and enjoy the tag!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

719 is east of the river. Our old hunting and trapping area. Plus there are some dandies east of the Richardson hwy also. Very large area. Plenty to choose from off of the Copper River side and a much easier river to jetboat. I'll swing by on Monday and get the scoop from Bob Tobey. Will pm the details. I have a friend with the same tag also. Stay safe and many thanks to all of you for your service.

I wonder if the state is going to honor the permits to those military people that get deployed again and will miss the season?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default 719

i hunted it last year and the best thing I did was bring my sheep tag if you know what I mean, 43". Be ready to shoot a brown bear I saw some. Call dave at copper valley air

Thumbs up Copper Valley Air Service

Another vote for Dave! I have flown with him alot he is good! Thank you for all that you do!

Default Ressurected...

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    ... I got lucky to draw a goat tag for 13D (DG719) If I happen to make it back alive, could some one give me just info. or recommendation the best way to access this area, ... This is my first ever goat hunt so any pointers I would really appreciate ...
    I drew the DG 719 hunt for 2009... how did your hunt go?

Any suggestions, lessons learned, etc?

Success?
    Did you hike, boat, fly?

Thanks in advanced!

Rob

Default bomb

Now you can't just come on here and drop a bomb about a 43" ram and not leave a photo.

LOL

Thats amazing! I'll be waiting patiently. Was that a Delta permit or general hunt area?

Good luck to our young serviceman. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I'm just researching that area for sheep right now and were gonna drop in a river boat if we choose to go in there. I live in SE AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    Now you can't just come on here and drop a bomb about a 43" ram and not leave a photo.

LOL

Thats amazing! I'll be waiting patiently. Was that a Delta permit or general hunt area?

Good luck to our young serviceman. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. I'm just researching that area for sheep right now and were gonna drop in a river boat if we choose to go in there. I live in SE AK.
    That area is all drawing permits for sheep now.

Default Tcua

No its not!

Just part of it is.