Thread: need info/help

Default need info/help

Well I'm looking for a boat my wife said it was okay to look and buy one, so I thought i had it figured out until she said go ahead then I guess I didn't have it figured out if that makes any sense. So here it goes, I want a boat that I will be able to to take across the inlet to the McArthur river, up the Deshka, Little and Big Su as well and maybe one these days take it on the Yukon and do the moose hunt up thier. Also would like to be able to run it on the Ivashak and Sag I know big order and will I do all of these rivers doubtful but it doesn't hurt to dream a little. I'm leaning towards max length 22 and min length 20 I don't know about outboard vs inboard I hope by listing the rivers I would like to run will help will I ever venture out into the ocean probably not, but who knows. Thanks for anyhelp

I guess. The big question is outboard vs inboard I really don't know which one is better or are they both equal?

I'd go outboard with prop/jet for more space in boat and the efficiency of the prop while running deeper waters. Which boat you choose is up to you as there are lots of great options out there, if money were no option I'd buy a couple different boats and use them for different times of the year where I know they would come in handy. I have a 22'x5.5' Yukon Raider built in Canada and it works great for my area, it is powered with an F150 Yammi with a prop and I love it. Had an F115 for 10 years prior to this one and it worked great but the extra power is a plus and wouldn't trade it back for anything. Others will say it is too small for the boat, but you can overpower any boat if you are crazy enough.
    Now my gf's boat is a Bering C 20/20 with an F90 in the back with prop and it just is a joy to ride. Power is just enough to lug around our family of 4 kids and my parents and a moose if the need be. These things hold weight and can easily get on step and cruise right along. Now only if there were more options in sizes and if they were still being built I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I had the F115 on it for a couple months and it flat out moved quick, not as fast as the F150 but still went zoom. I'd like to buy a jet unit for it and give it a whirle around and I bet I'll enjoy it in the shallow/rocky sloughs nearby.
    But if I went jet for moderate use I'd go with a G3 1966 or 1860 along with the efficiency of the F90 and it will work great. Only 2-stroke direct injected outboard I'd choose is the Merc Optimax. E-tec's are a JOKE!!!! No help with warranty claims, none!
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!