Thread: Nikon Rifle Hunter 1000 Rangefinder

Default Nikon Rifle Hunter 1000 Rangefinder

Has any one had a chance to use one in the field? How much actual distance can you get out of them ranging an animal? How would you rate their: speed of ranging, LED layout, LED readability/brightness, ruggedness, angle compensation.

I haven't seen any pop up around Anchorage yet. I was wanting to take a look at one and decide if I should give it a try or just order up a Leica.

Picked one up at Wasilla Sportsman, so far superb, I have taken it everywhere to spot anything, It's the 6 x 21 magnification, so 1000 is hard to hold but I have ranged to 700ish w/ not problems, I'm in Eagle River if you want to check it out I have it in truck daily in Anchorage too, I wish you could choose the LED but it switches to red in low light, you have to focus your view a little different with the RED but it easier to see, so once your on your mark it works for me, looking forward to next years hunt.

Lynn
    Eagle River

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the reply. I was waiting for Sportsmans in Anchorage to get the Nikon in but after a few weeks I went ahead and bought a Leica. I was wanting to have it before a goat hunt I just got back from. I'm happy with the Leica. Glad to hear the Riflehunter is living up to expectations.

Thanks again.