Thread: Drifting the upper Kenai

Default Drifting the upper Kenai

this question has been on my mind for months now... if you're drifting the upper kenai and start at the russian boat launch, do you guys have someone drive down to the spot where the fishing ends? i just never got the full picture of how it all works. reason im asking is im looking to get a river boat soon and would like some insite on how stuff works on the river heheheh

Hitch a ride back up, drive 2 vehicles, stop at wildmans and pay the $20 to hav your truck driven down to jims....Either way works. Hitching a ride normally works and doesn't take very long, although I had to wait 30 mins the other day....lame....normally its only like 5-10 mins.

First off when you say river boat I think of a flat bottom jon boat and motor. If thats the case you can fish the middle and lower part of the river, but not the upper. Its drift only. I'm guessing you are thinking of getting a drift boat or raft? The way most do the shuttle is to get your boat ready to go at your take off point and then drive your car down to Jims landing and then Thumb a ride back or have a friend drive you back to the launch. Or if you want there is a shuttle service that will move your truck down where you want it. Check in at Wildmans in Copper landing. Hope this helps

Bowdy your faster at the keys than me LOL

that pretty much answers my question. thanks again fellas