Thread: Petersville Rd

Default Petersville Rd

Anybody pull a moose out?

Went Thursday through Sunday mile 20-27. Covered about 40 miles total and did not see any moose or bear at all. Lots of spruce hens though and brought 2 of those home as a consolation prize.

I'm on the "Ride Petersville" Facebook page and it looks like there were a few lucky guys. I guess a 60", 58" and a spike fork and I think a few others were taken out recently. But thats out of how many hunters there?? I was thinking of heading up there to look for a black bear as my moose hunting season aint looking promising. Should be plenty of bears, I bait around that area in the spring time and shot a few up there.

I had a friend get a forked bull on opening weekend. Spent a weekend there myself in the end of August and we saw one cow, one black bear and a lot of big bear sign. Black bear was moving out too fast to take it. Talked to some locals that had done some baiting in the spring, they said the bait staions drew in too many browns and they ended up pulling them up.

Thanks for the info. Good to hear there was some success. The bartender at the Roadhouse said he knew of 7 bulls taken for the season.

Can't complain about the weather though. Pure blue sky and sunshine every day. Like sitting on a beach, drinking maithais and cow calling.