Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Columbia's new bear hunting jacket

  1. #1

    Default Columbia's new bear hunting jacket

    Anybody pick one of these up yet? Looks like it'll kill two birds with one stone (if not three). It can both keep you warm and act as a decoy.

    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...t-For-Men.html

    I usually like their products but I hope someone lost there job over this one.

  2. #2
    Member neverborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chugiak, AK
    Posts
    104

    Default

    it's completely ridiculous or freakin awesome

  3. #3
    Member Zinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elmendorf
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neverborn View Post
    it's completely ridiculous or freakin awesome
    I agree it does look awesomely warm, but I may get shot for a ridiculous reason!

  4. #4

    Default

    I might order one for.....someone very special to me. Then I will take them hunting.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I might order one for.....someone very special to me. Then I will take them hunting.
    oh you know my ex too? don't really surprise me any i guess most do....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  6. #6
    Member blasterak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    14A
    Posts
    913

    Default

    If only they had a black bear one paired with a bottle of "sow in heat" bear scent and a 'friend' willing to act as a decoy at a bear bait site. That would be the cats meow.

  7. #7
    Member jnalaska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Better wear hunter orange with that **** thing. Lol

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    oh you know my ex too? don't really surprise me any i guess most do....
    OMG! I don't care who you are, that's funny. Sorry dude, if it's true it's sad, but still **** funny!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Anchorage
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Thats different for sure.

  10. #10
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    This review says it all:

    **Excellent way to get shot in the woods!!By Ernie from Jackson Hole WY on 09/04/2010
    Pros:
    Waterproof

    Cons:
    Bulky

    Describe Yourself:
    Hunter

    Sizing:
    Feels true to size

    Was this a gift?:
    No

    Bottom Line:
    No, I would not recommend this to a friend

    Comments:
    The only way this could be more stupid is if it came with an attachable hood that looked like a bear's head.


  11. #11
    Member aktyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North pole
    Posts
    304

    Default

    ahahahahahahahahhahaha that review is great

  12. #12
    Member Zinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elmendorf
    Posts
    205

    Default

    awesome review except he said it wasn't a gift so he obviously purchased the darned thing himself lol!

  13. #13
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    That coat makes me think of Kramer dressed up like a pimp. All one would need is a big floppy hat and a cane to complete the effect.

  14. #14
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    That coat makes me think of Kramer dressed up like a pimp. All one would need is a big floppy hat and a cane to complete the effect.
    remember the hunter that was charged shooting another off a hill there north of soldotna? mid lat 80's?four people identified a bear on the hill, one guy shot it... turned out to be another hunter.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •