Thread: Russian or Quartz this week??

Default Russian or Quartz this week??

My boyfriend isnt a fan of Quartz, but the roomie is. So while the boyfriend is in Cold Bay for work we are gonna go fishing Wednesday. I dont get much time off work, so i want to make the most of what will probably be one of my last trips to fish down South.

Im decent with a fly rod, i can do a medicore roll cast but im no pro. Im worried ill just get tangles in the trees over and over at Quartz. Do you think i would have more fun at Quartz or Russian?

Whats the fishing been like at both streams? Chances are well just go to both but if anyone has any info or reports it would be appreciated!
    Thank God for people who don't fish!! Not much would get done without them =)

Hit the Russian. Fish peach flesh next to the banks, drift off of the dead reds. Did pretty good Saturday. I think next weekend I am gonna start at the falls and hike down. Good luck

quartz has slowed down quite a bit so the russian is a better bet. Dont forget to stop by the rainbow trout loop campsites and see all the fishaploozers
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks guys, Russian it is. Good thing I grabbed the bear spray =D And the burly man-friend, lol.

I'd LOVE to swing and meet some of you guys. We'll probably leave for Anch around 7 though, don't you guys stay out on the river past then?

Quote Originally Posted by AkCrimson View Post
    Good thing I grabbed the bear spray =D And the burly man-friend, lol.
    the way you look you'll need the bear spray to keep the burly man-friends attention on fishing
    Or were you talking about beer spray? Thats what you get when Chuck bursts out laughing

Hah, the male to female ratio of fisherpeople is definitely skewed.

Hmm beerspray... not sure if that would deter bears OR burly men. Just sounds like a waste of beer to me. And humility.

Quote Originally Posted by AkCrimson View Post
    I'm worried ill just get tangles in the trees over and over at Quartz.
    !
    Don't be afraid of the smaller water!! Smaller water is a different monster and you aren't making the big back-casts like you would be otherwise.