Thread: HOLY FERRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 A update...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default HOLY FERRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 A update...

Well its full now, prolly close to over flowing by this hour, as we left this morning/ early after noon... the bikes were pouring in... i counted 73 wheelers between the old drag line and ferry bridge with a constant flow inwards... and only a few out.. quick ride yesterday spotted nearly 100 camps,

still moose around though... this is the first weekend i did not haul meat home even though i had a 3x4 standing in camp last night... he came trotting down the hill all wild eyed and spooked and looked HONESTLY distressed to see us in camp.. wit my scope on his shoulder at 150 yards i let him walk.. were all meated up and i was tired...

busted a shock on the prowler yesterday, dumped the tromel on its side trying to move it, and nearly .... NEARLY... got the hoe burried... but i worked it out after a few nice ( fowl) words directed at it....

with the influx of folks we bailed out today with every thing that would walk off over 1000 lbs of gear and tools hauled out. the hoe and camp is next, prolly start Wednesday, as it will take 3 days to walk the hoe out.

i am kind of put off by folks this year back there as we have seen some really rude folks. i say seen as in not met, because when they pull up NEXT to you and you say hello, hows it going, or other... they just ignore you and go back to glassing with out a hey. F- off. K/M/A nothing... i picked up 4 cases of beer cans on my trip back into camp yesterday off a 6 mile stretch of trail ( really) but i have also met some really neat folks too... the gals with the radar on the burb, counting birds are all cool... i took them beer on the way in... they were WAAAAAAAAY happy for that. along with several other hunters and families... love the sight yesterday of the dad with baby on his back and mom with moose head ( obviously any bull tag) on her wheeler... (hope i didn't dust little one tried to not gear up too soon after passing you; if your members here)

moose sightings are still down... we only counted 7 Friday night... 4 Saturday and 2 this morning... Mr bear has hit both my gut piles... but according to neighboring camps sound like he killed an entire moose Thursday eve... the listened to it scream up on the hill for nearly 20 min before it quited down.

if headed to ferry... remember lot of folks there already and to be patient with them. moose walk out where they do... let the other hunters do your hard work and be in the right place at the right time. don't let the numbers frustrate you... your there for a fun trip..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

OH YEAH... who ever left the little note on my windshield... the windsheild washer fluid washed it good... thanks for the hello i guess LOL!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'm headed into Usibelli on Wensday for work, It would be nice if there are still moose hanging around. I like spotting game while working. Maybe people will push then south.

Seen some pretty trashy camps there this year, and at eight mile lake too. Wonder if they live like that at home.

Haven't seen a lot of racks riding the trucks home. Moose win this year with the weather.