Thread: hey guys...seasons cooking right along...

Default hey guys...seasons cooking right along...

hey guys, havent been on much in the past couple months, pretty busy guiding. just got out of the field for a twenty day stint, back out in a couple days...some well needed rest...

been pretty eventfull, i'm on the boss's comp and cant post pic right now, but i'll have some up tommorow. three brownies and a moose into my season, with two brown bear hunts left....flooded rivers, close up bears and heavy moose have made for some adventures...a broken tailbone and a staff infected finger from my first brownie of the season have made it anything but boring, all in all it's rolling right along and i or my hunters cant complain a bit...what is it with this weather by the way...it's an indian summer out in western alaska for sure, been in the sixties every day for ten days...is that just us or is everwhere else warm for sept as well? sorry, kinda out of the loop. well, i'm gonna go crash, my butt hurts...literally. lol, dont remember if you guys remember joes warning in a past post to fall easily when loaded down heavy without trying to catch yourself...well that all works well as long as you dont center your tailbone on a pyramid rock on the edge of a slippery lake....hasnt gotten much better since it happened twelve days ago...and i busted it once more on a bear stalk (bears goin home to texas with my happy client by the way, so it was worth it) ...boy...you never know how much you use your butt muscles and stabilizers in your hips and hams till you crack your tailbone good...awww well, no pain no gain they say.

OUCH!!! Strap a commode seat to the bottom of your backpack, for future rest breaks and keep on huntin'.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

You sure sound Busy!

Hopefully you'll get time to go Hunting yourself, before it all passes with time....

I sure wish you could Beam over here, two days inna row (actually nights) weve had a large Black Bear pull our Salmon nets up onto the grass and eat the fish, then crap all over......

Good luck and a speedy recovery!!!!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default those pics i promised...writes up are for sometime in the winter.

zack 2010 028.jpgzack 2010 032.jpga brown/grizzly skull almost 25, not quite... he's a brownie to me, but a grizzly if your an SCI guy...nice bear either way, 8'7 draped out on the tundra conservatively.
    the bull was average but pretty in the mid fifties, client was tickled pink....he's the same client that takes that skull home...it was a fun combo.

zack 2010 023.jpgsome more...zack 2010 018.jpggreg harmon from cleburne texas, client and new friend with his bear and his bear's pajamas

zack 2010 002.jpgsome more...zack 2010 015.jpgtwo more, the one on the log jam was in a funky spot with lots of deep water, and we needed to anchor him good, we did, and theres the client with his 8'4 boar......second pic is an eight foot (barely) barren sow that i misjudged for a boar from a distance...stalk was long and client and i both agreed to take the bear...client was happy, though i was a bit disgruntled with my judgement...pretty bear, but i called her a eight and change boar throughout most of the stalk...you learn.

zack 2010 003.jpgzack 2010 012.jpgthat early bear was a float hunt....theres the boar draped out for popping feet...client and his brother are on right and middle...

second pic...what can i say...i gotta badass office.

more pics on my albums...

also??? is there a better way to post more than two pics at a time or am i just a comp idiot and dont know how? it wont let me add pics to an allready existing album for some reason also...i gotta keep making more albums to add pics...any tips on how to stop that?

Get a www.photobucket.com account. Super easy and they let you store a lot more photo's since they have larger capacity servers. To post threads here you there will be a link posted next to the pictures you upload. It will start with [img] just copy it and past it in the reply box here on the forum and when you submit it will display the pic in the thread. I just make a new album on my photobucket account for each season and post everything to it. You will be limited to 4 images per post and if you use smilies they count as an "image".

That right there is alot-o-hunting. Way to get after it.

I hope your tailbone heals quick. I apologize if that was my suggestion you followed. I forgot to mention the pyramid rock thing. Go figure.

naww bighorse...that's just the way that one went...still better to commit to a fall and see how it goes than try to catch yourself with arms with a heavy pack...i was just makin a funny. it'll heal when it does, from what i hear, ya just gotta wear it around like broke ribs or the like. thanks for the reply...

thanks lujon for the tips...dont have much time right now but i'll get after the photobucket thing after season....thanks again. good luck and good hunting to everyone, next client comes in day after tomorrow, so i'm back in the saddle with a couple more brown bear hunts....nock em dead guys

Great office is right, but howz ya getting internet?

I log onto our local telephone exchange up to 20 miles from any village or 'town'

Ive found great range using my 32gig Ipod with the Internet, it gos waaaaaaaay further than a cell phone, least 'round here.
    Posting is a pain, but I must read as I must eat and drink, every day~~LOL!!~~

right on stranger, nice going with the ipod thingie...me i'm just using my boss's computer at his hangar, i landed a couple days in town for some much needed rest...back out in a day or two...hows your fall summer going anyway, stocking up for winter i'm sure eh?

Awww, That's Some Real Livin' there, Ninefoot, If it ain't hurtin' ya somewhere you're not doin' it hard enough, right? Har har

Hope you heal up quick, LOTS of Fall left.

You gonna get after your own sometime soon or having too much fun helpin' the other guys? Gotta admit, I'm a bit envious of that lifestyle you got goin' there. Well maybe not all the meat/skin packin' but.......

Thanks for the pics, stories in winter will be good for all of us. Looking forward to those.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Awww, That's Some Real Livin' there, Ninefoot, If it ain't hurtin' ya somewhere you're not doin' it hard enough, right? Har har

Hope you heal up quick, LOTS of Fall left.

You gonna get after your own sometime soon or having too much fun helpin' the other guys? Gotta admit, I'm a bit envious of that lifestyle you got goin' there. Well maybe not all the meat/skin packin' but.......

Thanks for the pics, stories in winter will be good for all of us. Looking forward to those.
    thanks kodiak, yeah i may get in a late goat hunt if all the points arent taken in the area i hunt by the time i'm done guiding...but i gotta say i love what i do, being the trigger man isnt near as important to me as the actual hunting...i get off on the experience. thanks again, and yeah, i'll definitely have some write ups to contribute this winter...hell i've got enough for the next ten winters stored up in journals and my memory... might as well save the details for when everybody's more into readin and fightin cabin fever than when everyones out havein fun...once again, good luck to all, hope you guys are haveing some adventures of your own out there....god i love my job.

Ninefoot said;
    "right on stranger, nice going with the ipod thingie...me i'm just using my boss's computer at his hangar, i landed a couple days in town for some much needed rest...back out in a day or two...hows your fall summer going anyway, stocking up for winter i'm sure eh? "

The small freeze and our cache's are full, but the wife is still picking berrys, maby 20 gallons in the last three days. Shes stored at lotsin cover'd buckets and buried. I'm working on Firewood now, while we are waiting for cool temps to get the big Bulls moving and be able to keep the meats whole, in the skin, while comming darness and thin ice keep us coop'd and not hunting.Hoping for Good fat ones, prime before the Rut.. The wife and daughter have strted sewing every night as well, as Ive been working this summers Caribou skins for sewing.
    Might work up a couple runs of smoked dry meat at the rack if the temps keep up and my finger gets itchy~~LOL!!~~

Looks like your working hard ,too.