Thread: My 8 yr old's First Upper Kenai Adventure.

Default My 8 yr old's First Upper Kenai Adventure.

Just thought I'd show-off my boy on his first upper river adventure. I'm pretty sure he out fished my brother and I! It was a bit trying for the first half-hour or so, but then the casting lessons and previous few trips kicked-in and we had very few tangles or problems the rest of the day. He even hooked and landed a nice near 20 inch dolly with no help from me other than a net.

Now we just have to work on how to hold the trophy fish for photos! He did a nice job with this smaller dolly (with a little help from Dad)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	39198

I'm also looking for some help...I posted this in lost and found too... I feel stupid, of course, and I now have to question my own commitment to gun safety, but at some point during our float on Friday, my Ruger Blackhawk .44 slipped out of my shoulder holster. My guess is that it must have slipped out when I was climbing in or out of the raft so it's probably either in the water or right at river's edge. If anyone finds it I'd be happy to give you a $50.00 reward and my deepest thanks.

Scott

Sounds like you got a fine young fisherman there. With the bunch of us fishing in the next few weeks, odds are we will find your pistol or at least try our best looking for it. If I find it, I won't want any reward. I've done enough knuckleheaded things in my life. Just ask my wife! LOL! Well... just rest assured that if I or anybody I know find a nice Ruger "Black Hawk". You'll be the first to know.

Great pics and I hope to see more of your fine young fisherman... with fish, of course!

Woot!!! Nicely done, Kids smile says it all!!!!

Haven't heard from you on the board in a long time Scott!

Yeah, it's been a crazy summer. I'll try to post a little more regularly now. Thanks for noticing.