Thread: Big bull moose the last 50 yards>

Default Big bull moose the last 50 yards>

When hunting in heavy brush Iíve found, a big bulls will not come in with out seeing who is making the sound. What calls or sounds have you found that will bring a bull moose in the last 50 yards when nothing else is working? They just will just not come in.

I think you need one of those moosey decoy things, I think Taylor used one to lure in a moose.

I have one, the problem is when I hear a bull coming in I am almost always caught in the wrong location to use a decoy; and with the high grass and brush the bull would not see her in time to do any good.

Stay quiet. If you've called and the bull is coming but hangs up....wait it out. He is trying to pinpoint location at that point.

I've turned my head the direction away from him, and let a quieter cow call out...make it sounds like the cow has moved aways away...he'll come... But don't do too much calling or he'll pinpoint you and then try to wind you without coming out.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Hey RM, I have the perfect solution, next year I will just go with you and set up 65 yards in front of you.

sometimes pouring water from a container into a pond or whatever will drive a bull bonkers and come in closer. if the water is handy that is. simulates a cow urinating and seems to work when other tricks won't. as mentioned above, just waiting is sometimes the best. if they are curious enough they will make a mistake eventually. the darker it is the better in my experience. the more cover and darkness they have, the more secure they feel as they come in.

If it is a big bull and they are rsponding and coming but hang up i will make sure they see my raking device. I use a jug on a stick but whatever you use if it is white will work. Few years ago I called a 62" bull in from more then a mile away and he heard me but when he saw my white jug he was all ours. I agree with calling away from him and calling quieter to,

I've had sucess meeting the big ones in the middle. If you can get the bull to respond and move towards you, start moving towards the moose while raking an grunting. Give him some teasers like showing your raking device or a decoy if you've got it. If you're truly chasing the mack daddy he'll come out fired up. A smaller bull may hold out or bail out.