Thread: Z7 Fob'd it!

Default Z7 Fob'd it!

grouse sheep 030.jpgVery nice grouse taken under 20 yards, never had time to range it then, previously was 40yards. Took a few steps and thought I was close to 30 yards, shot just under it as I was rushed to shoot by two other people on bikes. Luckily I got a second shot. Found the fob and nock, but arrow blasted through the bird and kept going with Judo point! Was in a tree on the second shot, $13 bird! Awesome though.

Next will be a sheep hopefully, next weekend. Going back to Eklutna for black bear in the morning.

Awesome! Heres one that i "destroyed" a couple days ago in my front yard. Same deal, judo point blew straight through the bird and traveled about 20 yards past. Lost very little meat though and got a nice start to the grouse sausage collection!

bird.jpg

Grouse sausage, really? Is it good? Never wouldv'e thunk it! Missed another today, was off on yardage, just guessed. Hit where I was aiming, which was low. Lost the point in a rail road tie on a trail. Nasty creosote anyways and I just left it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Grouse sausage, really? Is it good? Never wouldv'e thunk it! Missed another today, was off on yardage, just guessed. Hit where I was aiming, which was low. Lost the point in a rail road tie on a trail. Nasty creosote anyways and I just left it in there.
    Its real good! We have a local meat processing shop here that makes excellent sausage and pepper sticks and we had him make us up some pepper sticks last year just for the heck of it, and if i didnt know any better, i would have thought it was moose. I believe he mixes the grouse with pork and it turns out really good. Something worth trying for sure!