Thread: Jetboil Valve Problems - rebuild?

At the end of the cul-de-sac

Default Jetboil Valve Problems - rebuild?

Anyone ever rebuild their valve on a jetboil? I can't seem to find much on the 'net about it. I have the personal cooking system and it seems to have not burn all the fuel in canisters the couple times. Also, it seems to blow out pretty quick - without wind. I found an article about them that talked about pulling the cotton out of them, but I don't think I have cotton in mine. I may just buy a new valve, but if I could clean the one I have up a bit, it would be nice to have a spare as well.

By the way - I have the "A" style valve, so it is not one of the previously recalled units.

Thanks in advance.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Eagle River, Alaska, United States

I had some "problems" with mine two years ago. I found that they have a very helpful customer service department and when they couldn't help me online, they hand me send it in for "repair". I had to pay postage there, but they paid it for the way back.

I had a problem with water taking a long time to boil. Much longer than their advertised 2 minutes. More like 5-6 minutes. Turns out that doesn't go for cold AK stream water (usually about 35 degrees in my experience).

One of their suggestions (with instructions) was to fool with what you're talking about.

I'd just give them a shout.