Thread: Denali HWY lake trout?

Default Denali HWY lake trout?

Does anyone have any lakes that they would like to share in the Denali HWY region with good lake trout fishing? I know of Tangle lakes and small seven mile lake but i haven't had much luck. I was thinking of trying Swede or Two-Bit Lakes this year. Has anyone fished these lakes or have any other suggestions for lakes? I dont want to go any more than 2-3 miles off the road if possible. I would much rather find lakes that i wouldn't have to get off the road at all.
    Thanks

Glacier Gap Lake is a short hike off the road. The maps say three miles but I packed my camping stuff quick seemed more like two miles. The trail is a flat catt trail. I walked around the small lake and caught little lakers on the right side and grayling on the left side. Vary scenic lake trout are not big but lots in the 18 inch range grayling where large as grayling go around 16 inches. If you have chest waders walk out and stand on the rock where the creek goes from the small lake into the big lake I caught little lakers there every cast.

make that land mark Gap Lake Trail Glacier Gap Trail is longer and harder to hike

What about Paxson or Fielding lake this time of year? I would like to fish there too but those are big lakes and i wouldn't know where to start.