Thread: Anything happening on POW?

Default Anything happening on POW?

The office is sending me down to POW on Monday for 10 days. The Craig/Klawock area. I typically bring a rod along, but just was wondering if anyone knew what to expect this time of year. Still some silvers around? Any suggestions for waters to hit. I'm plenty happy chasing trout around as well. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Although slower this year there are silvers. Clients this week had their boxes full by Wednesday and took a few days to sight see. Klawock river has fish which is close and anything north is OK as well. Harris River doing good too. Trout are in any stream really I would recommend getting the POW fishing guide from the ADF&G website or it is linked to mine. Still chromers coming daily, I caught a 34 incher in the salt yeaterday no idea how much it weighes but it was a hog.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Sent you a PM Rich.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just got back from the island and still trying to dry out. Unfortunately I ended up having too work WAY too much, and never really had a chance to get much fishing in. (Ironically, I was working on field reconnaissance for fish passage culverts along FR20, so I did spend most of my time in or around streams.)

I appreciate the thoughts, though. I did end up spending a couple hours on the Klawock River just before I flew out. Not optimal time, but always fun fishing water I've never seen before. Managed one pretty blushed silver and a couple of lazy gray pinks. Still better than nothing. Would like to get back and focus on trout sometime. Some awesome streams around there. Next time less work and more play.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.