Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Denby Lloyd retiring

  1. #1
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,392

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Good. He's a bluewater fisherman. Never did anything for us river fishermen. In fact, he was anti-sport fish in Cook Inlet. He agreed to shoot a few wolves, which is good. But he was one of the perpetrators of the Nelchina community harvest scheme that the court said was unconstitutional. We could do worse, but it's time for him to go.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Delta Jct, Alaska
    Posts
    992

    Default

    It's time to get a non-biologist or non-zoologist in that postion....someone who can think outside of that box and restore some credibility to ADF&G.

  4. #4
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I'll drink to that!!

  5. #5

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by HuntnFish View Post
    Good. He's a bluewater fisherman. Never did anything for us river fishermen. In fact, he was anti-sport fish in Cook Inlet. He agreed to shoot a few wolves, which is good. But he was one of the perpetrators of the Nelchina community harvest scheme that the court said was unconstitutional. We could do worse, but it's time for him to go.
    You Nailed IT. Pretty well known fact, that's the only reason he is staying until after the BOG Hearings on the Nelchina Caribou. It has been one of his pet projects for a very long time. He will ensure the Community Harvest Programs are entrenched in Regulation and Law....before he steps out. He has now found a way to allow for it and meet the Constitutional Requirements. Just wait til you see what the BOG passes. It is going to be monumental....in a very negative way....for Alaskans. He has ties with many Community Activists and the Program is going to be expanded Statewide.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    What gets me is how flippant these clowns in Juneau are about about drunk driving and booze in general. Sean Parnell says he stands behind Denby until he's proven guilty LOL! He thinks its a conspiracy concocted by the left. hilarious! Seriously though, theres 4 of our legislators that can't even go to Canada cause they've had DWI's and they haven't retired. I'm pretty sure theres more story to come.

  7. #7
    Member bushrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush
    Posts
    4,363

    Default

    I find it interesting how all this was played out to happen after the election.

    I like Denby, personally, and wish him well in all future endeavors. Supported him for Commish, and am sorry for that, though, because of what he has allowed to happen under the direction of the administration. We need less politics and special-interest shenanigans in F&G, not more.

    Some names are being floated for the next Commish. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out after the election.



  8. #8
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post


    Some names are being floated for the next Commish. Will be very interesting to see how it plays out after the election.


    How do we learn about who the candidates are and what they're all about? This should make for some interesting dialogue thats for sure.

  9. #9
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Compliments of MR. Fish. It should help explain what he explained to me. "The F&G commissioner position is unique (I think Commish of Education is the only other like this) where the Boards nominate, and the Gov must pick from the nominee(s) provided by the joint Boards. He can reject the nominee(s) provided by the Boards and ask for more, but he can't select a permanent commissioner on his own (he can however select an "acting" commish). So, before too long, the joint boards will start calling for applicants...then they (via a joint comittee of 3 members from each board -- game and fish) will narrow the applicant pool down to candidates they'll interview...then the joint committee will forward a name or names to the full joint boards to consider. Then the Joint boards act and forward name(s) to the Gov. It's interesting...especially given how totally different the two Boards are..."
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Its just my ol opinion, but I think the "Community Harvest" is dead in the water.............

  11. #11
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    What gets me is how flippant these clowns in Juneau are about about drunk driving and booze in general. Sean Parnell says he stands behind Denby until he's proven guilty LOL! He thinks its a conspiracy concocted by the left. hilarious! Seriously though, theres 4 of our legislators that can't even go to Canada cause they've had DWI's and they haven't retired. I'm pretty sure theres more story to come.
    there are news releases and real life... if i understand correctly there was not much choice in the decision... and will leave it at that.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    Its just my ol opinion, but I think the "Community Harvest" is dead in the water.............
    Wish it were so, but Denby and boys are pushing it harder than ever. In my "ol opinion" for the Nelchina Caribou there will be:

    A guaranteed Allocation of 300 Caribou to AHTNA INC Community Harvest (Early Season)
    Tier 1 (Early Season)
    Tier II (Late Season)

    Next will come their demand for guaranteed Allocation of Moose, absent antler restrictions. It is in the works and details as to how to propose it are being hashed out.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •