Thread: shotguns

Default shotguns

Well the time has come, my old faithfull super x 2 is about to kick the bucket........
    thinking about getting a SBE II or a xtremma 2. any input to sway the decision?

SBEII balances better than the Xtrema in my opinion. Try shouldering both guns. You might find the 26 inch SBEII to feel as good as a gun can get.

With the SBEII you need to be meticulous in keeping the gun clean and cleaning it regular or it will jam up, at least mine does. Can't get away with cleaning at the beginning of the season and then again when you put it away in the winter. Bud

If you are use to the SX2 I would hold a Maxus, not saying to get one but another option, I do love the other two options you have listed. I purchased one this season and have 800 rounds from low base trap loads to 3 1/2 T shot with out a hiccup, also have yet to clean it. Of the two you have listed the SBE is going to kick a lot more that the xtremma. Figure out what gun fits you best and go with that one.

Akblackdawg, you may need to get your gun looked at because I've known a lot of folks with the SBE II and they don't have any issues with it. Mine has performed great and I haven't had to clean it and I was hunting ptarmigan all winter and it still performs well. If you're running 3.5s with BB or BBB any gun is going to kick, but shooting 3's with BB isn't any issue at all out of the SBE II. I'd recommend going with the SBE II.