Thread: Last weekend out

Default Last weekend out

So who is going to make the last minute suicide run to try and get a moose? I know I am taking off after work back to unit 13 and take off on the trail in the morning and try to fill my any bull tag... If that dont work then off into unti 14 with the rest of the not so lucky guys and hope to stumble upon something if that dont work look at a registration hunt if that don't work pay 1500 bucks and go shoot a farmed raised elk in delta juction they say they roam on 2,000 acres don't know how true that is. If that don't work I will blame it on the state and their in ability to manage the moose population.

The moose are out there, time and access. We are heading out tonight to unit 13. Trying a new area and getting the cabin ready for winter.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

yep headed back out now... but having skinned 3 moose and processed them all my self since the sept, 7th... no hurry to do it again... but who knows... one might walk by then again my tag is good till Nov 20
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Taking my nephew out tonight through Sunday for black bears, but if we see a legal moose, we'll most certainly pursue it.

Was hoping to but it looks like my last attempt drained the checking account a bit too much, so I won't be going much of any where this weekend.

Moose is still open>? In unit 20 around fairbanks>?

323 if the moose are rutted up at on the denali highway, I know a few spots where you can call in sub-legal bulls (below 50 or 4 or less brow tines) call em right up to the highway almost.

pm me would ya,,, Ive struck out all year.. making attemp sat night through monday

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I'm just starting my moose hunting! I got a cow moose permit for Palmer area. But the first two weeks of sept I was deer hunting. Shouldn't take me too long to find a cow(plenty of cows and some bulls in this area), I got til the 25th. Than its on to bowhunting Grizzlies in Eklutna Lake, now that will be FUN!

I had to pass on the moose hunt this year; just too much going on with new baby, house addition, wheeler broken, etc. Now I'm chasin' goats (RG364) and berry-fed black bear.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Holy smokes got out thier late Friday night. Over 60 trucks in the parking lot, my buddy said I hope you know something these huts don't. I should of turned around and continued up to 20 anyhow drove in Saturday morning wow camps everwhere talked some guys out thier all they said the heat was keeping the moose holes up what moose they were seeing were cows. Oh well always next year

Saw two bulls yesterday, one of which might have been legal - probably low 50s, but not big enough for me to shoot without the requisite brow tines. We spotted them from about a mile away, but when we moved down low to go get a closer look, they just flat disappeared. I still don't know how they got out of there without us seeing them, but they were gone. A beautiful day afield, though.