Thread: opener in Juneau

Default opener in Juneau

Really warm weather for our opener down in Juneau. managed to get 4 and a goose... could have limited out but let a lot of teal pass by 026.jpg

Nice job on the goose fudge!

My buddy and I limited out pretty quick, mostly widgeon, a couple teal, and a couple pintails and one gadwall. THe first half hour was crazy! Ducks were dumping into our dekes non-stop, but it died off pretty quick.
    Nice Marmot.

Looks good! Congrats on the goose! I don't target them until late in the season, but I'd love to get one early on. Did it decoy or just stray too close?

I like when it gets cold and rainy, really helps keep the amount of competition down

Erich

just stayed in close. A flock of 15 flew right on the deck and they flew right on by. Im pissed because i should have got more but i cant seem to hit more then one. I actually got another good shot at a big flock that came in to land somewhere near me but they caught me by surprise and they are tough birds. I hit one but he sailed away. I feel bad but he kept on flying all the way out to fish creek and there was nothing i could do. Did the weather seem to affect you guys?

I took a kid from church out on Saturday and he shot his first duck out of the air, so that was fun. We ended up farther out on the flats than I intended and all the birds were moving behind us, so it was a pretty uneventful day.

Erich