Thread: Seward this weekend

Default Seward this weekend

So I posted this on the boat forum and someon suggested I post it here. My wife and I are thinking of heading for Seward this weekend, looks to be a great weekend and probably one of the last. Anyone have suggestions for fishing? I've only been out of Seward once before and it was over a year ago. Its a beautifl place and she really wants to get back down there. I appreciate folks may not want to share their honey holes so no worries if you don't. I was also wondering about gas prices in Seward. Seems to make more sense to buy it down there if its close to prices here in Anchortown. Anyone know the prices in the harbor in Seward? What about hours? Any suggestions about going out of Seward would be more than appreciated. I'm more than happy to report back after the weekend and thanks in advance for the help.

Patrick,
    I don't recall what boat you have, but if you want to stay close I would try fishing between fox & hive, or along the south east side of rugged or barwell. However I haven't been down there this month so who knows. Of course you could always head to the pilot rock area as well depeding on conditions.
    To play it safe you could always get your fuel at the station by three bears just as you get into town. I think they are .40 or so higher than Anch.

Fishing for what? Silvers? Halibut?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by boatbuilder2 View Post
    Fishing for what? Silvers? Halibut?

Brian
    Sorry about that. It was the last thing I did before heading to bed. Anyway, we're mainly interested in halibut or rock fish. We're also thinking of overnighting in Aialik Bay so as long as the weather cooperates we're fine with going outside the bay. Thanks for the help guys.

sent you a PM. Good luck. The marine forecast looks to be okay.

Good luck Pat,

I went everywhere that normally is GREAT last weekend for butts and got skunked.....Let me know it it has changed as the skunked result has never happened in my experience even well until October.....

Thanks for the info on the type of fish ...kinda helps calibrate the whole conversation. As far as slow halibut fishing goes ...same here. We came up with zero last Saturday, but landed a pile of p-cod instead. I was happy...

Brian

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. Our plans changed unexpectedly so we didn't end up going. Sounds like I didn't miss much though. If the weather holds maybe we'll get out there in the next week or two. Sure would be nice to get out once more before old man winter moves in. I'll post up if we finally make it out with a report. Thanks again.