Thread: This Weekend

Default This Weekend

Anybody have any riding plans this weekend?

This weekend is prime for a Little O Eureka trip! No rain, low water, but cold. Prepare to spend the night! Slay the grayling!

A buddy an I are heading up to Eureka on Saturday, just for the day though. We'll probably go back to the Nel, maybe a little further, and then head back.

Yep yep heading to Sutton this Sunday. Been out there a few times and really love it out there.

We went to Purches Creek Trail in Hatchers Pass yesterday. The weather was beautiful, the trail was in great shape, and despite the amount of cars in the parking areas we ran into very few people.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Yup, gonna do Eureka on saturday, prolly do the Tyone loop, don't tell anyone but garyling fishin on Tyone creek is awsome.

Be prepared for nasty wind in the Eureka to Glennallen area. Possible snow/rain too! It snowed twice this week, but was gone by mid morning.

Thanx for the tip, We'll dress acordingly.

Had a great ride today at Eureka, blue bird weather, light wind, and brisk to say the least. The trails were dry (dusty), the rivers were managable, the cat ran flawlessly, and even saw a few critters (four legged and two). No snow but the water was starting to freeze. I luv this place. Did about 60 perfect miles. Oh ya...no bugs .

Our normal trip went to 102 miles. The farther you push, the more you see. Eureka is a great trip! Fish the Little O for grayling next time!

We rode Sunday on one of the Shirley Towne road trails (7 miles past the parking lot). It was COLD- 24 degrees when we started- but blue sunny skies and great views. The trail was challenging even partially frozen- a few weeks ago I think it would have been very difficult. We rode about 40 miles round trip.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Tried to ride a couple different trails between Chickaloon and Eureka on Sunday, but it was very slow going due to the amount (and size) of trees blown down across the trails.
    Last edited by Frostbitten; 09-27-2010 at 14:42. Reason: typo