Thread: Reward

Default Reward

$250 reward for return or info that leads to the return of my caribou and moose antlers. I have attached pictures of the two caribou. I will attach pictures of the moose on the next post.

I made a post earlier this year asking about some stolen antlers and lynx of mine. I received lots of help but no leads. I thought I was OK not having them but was getting a little sentimental after I returned form my hunt this year and was looking around for a place in the garage for the new antlers. I realized that the antlers had more meaning and memories in them than I realized.
    So I talked it over with the wife and she said I could offer a $250 reward for them. If it leads to the recovery of the antlers I can get you the money "no questions asked" and we can even try to do it anonymously if that is possible. I don't care if you are the person who took them or just have seen them. I just would like them back. My number is 378-8016
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the picture of the moose antlers. Moose Atlers.jpg

that's really terrible...i suggest bringing pictures to all the taxidermists in the area, it's possible they recieved them. Also, we've had some issues with racks disappearing out of truck beds on ft wainwright...my csm is looking into it. not that it's any consolation to you, but maybe we'll find something.

Man, stealing a guy's antlers is looooooow...like kicking a guy's dog or stealing a kid's ball glove.

Hope you get some info on this...
    Proud to be an American!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I agree with Daniel. It's worth asking around as the caribou rack that is in velvet is quite unique, perhaps a local taxidermist has seen them, although from what I understand, a lot (most?) of the horns that are stolen end up as dietary/medicinal supplements and such.

I feel for you, I would be absolutely sick if it happened to me. I wish you the best of luck in recovering the racks.

May the rotten, thievin bast**** trip while carrying their ill gotten bounty and receive a sharp antler tip to the groin region, deep. I may run out to a taxidermists' place I just dropped off my bou' at, might have to ask if it's okay for me to snoop around, that bou in velvet is beautiful, not that the other two aren't. Some people don't realize it's not just "a rack" on the wall, but a reminder of all the memories that went in to persuing that animal. The country, your buddies, the hardships, and the rewards. I hope they turn up.

I might suggest that all the members print a picture and take it to any local taxidermist and check with them, leave the picture and a contact number and then list here who they checked with and maybe we as a collective can catch the lousy ********

Default Low

Low, indeed. I had antlers taken from me one time too; they were sitting at the base of the hanging meat in my carport. At least they didn't take the meat.... but I too was attached to the antlers - especially after they disappeared. I couldn't help thinking: "What are you going to do with them? Hang them up at your house and make up a story about how you so wonderfully stalked up on him and got him?"

I feel for ya.

Unfortunately they also took meat. They took about 200# pounds of moose and caribou meat and 100# of halibut we had in our freezer outside.

WOW!!! That pisses me off.... Everytime I think that people aren't as bad as I think this kind of thing happens and just makes me shake my head. Sorry for your luck I will also keep an eye out as those bou antlers are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by akjamal View Post
    Unfortunately they also took meat. They took about 200# pounds of moose and caribou meat and 100# of halibut we had in our freezer outside.
    Please tell me you contacted the police. That's so aggravating to hear. Good luck getting your meat and antlers back!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

We did contact the police, but they have little to go on. Any effort by members keeping an eye out for them is greatly appreciated! Thanks to all those who have been looking.

Again, I am only interested in getting my stuff back. If the person who took them has a change of heart or if you know who has them but don't want to turn them in, I am more than willing to do this no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by akjamal View Post
    We did contact the police, but they have little to go on. Any effort by members keeping an eye out for them is greatly appreciated! Thanks to all those who have been looking.

Again, I am only interested in getting my stuff back. If the person who took them has a change of heart or if you know who has them but don't want to turn them in, I am more than willing to do this no questions asked.
    I just re-read my last post and it didn't sound right. I don't see where I can edit it.

It sounds like I am implying that one of the previous people who replied might know who took my stuff. I should have said:
    Again, I am only interested in getting my stuff back. If the person who took them has a change of heart or if ANYONE knows who has them but don't want to turn them in, I am more than willing to do this no questions asked.

Sorry if it came across that way.

Is there anywhere in f.b. that buys antlers for weight? Skrimshaw guys also
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

There are a few places in FBKS that buy antlers that I know of. I have contacted as many as I could and gave them pictures of the antlers so they knew what they were looking for. I am sure I did not get everyone.