Thread: Gunsmith for 1911 trigger job and polish?

Default Gunsmith for 1911 trigger job and polish?

I am looking for a gunsmith to do some trigger work and polishing of my springfield 1911 internals. I would prefer to take it in personally so within 30-45 minutes of palmer would be ideal. I have only gotten so far by looking at online reviews and was hoping some of you may have suggestions or opinions on local smithys. (this is my baby so quality and professionalism is a must)

Thanks much guys!
    -Justin
    Do something brave today... then run like hell
    ~~~~~~~
    The ideas of tomorrow are fashioned by those who challenge the ideas of today.

What kind of trigger work you want? What configuration is the pistol now? Are you on a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    What kind of trigger work you want? What configuration is the pistol now? Are you on a budget?
    I'm looking to get the trigger tightened to reduce slop, and lightened to around a 2lb pull. I also want to get some of the internals polished for smoothing the pistol out (secondary concern to the trigger work). Not really on a budget but don't want platinum parts either. Pistol is a Springfield 1911-A1 (loaded model), so stock configuration I guess?

Thanks much!
    -Justin
    ~~~~~~~

No reputable gunsmith will give you a 2 pound street pull, if it will be an IPSC or bullseye gun thats different. Seems like you have a creep problem, you may need a new, quality sear and hammer, but it would have to be torn apart to see what the hammer and sear surfaces look like

Thanks, I appreciate the help!
    ~~~~~~~